• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Beckham is to be knighted - does he deserve to be knighted?

David Beckham -does he deserve knighthood ?

• Total voters

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Totally against sports stars being honoured with such awards or titles unless they've actually done something outside of sport, so no, he shouldn't be Knighted.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
He obviously doesn't deserve a knighthood but, say what you like about him, he doesn't act like a prima-donna, he always gives 100% when on a football field, which is more than can be said for some players over the years.

I would dispute the notion that Beckham has never been the best in the world - back in the late 90s and early 00s he was definitely up there, and he was instrumental in United winning the treble, and very few players have won that.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
No way does he deserve a knighthood. When the time comes that he passes away and people reflect on his life, he will be remembered more as a "celebrity" than as a footballer. He won't be revered in the way Bradman was, or in the way that Pele will be, or Lara, or Tendulkar, or Jordan, or countless other sporting legends.

Not to mention being partially responsible for accelerating the decline of British culture by kicking off the current media obsession with celebrity.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Big fan and all of the bloke, but shouldn't be knighted. Haha Sir David Beckham it just doesn't sound right.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I cant believe that this will actually happen. If it does its another reminder that I made a great decision to move from a country I cant identify with anymore.

The cult of the celebrity is sickening in the UK (far worse than anywhere else Ive been) and this is just part of all that crap.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
hmm, now would that be accountant advised, tax deductable, charitable donations you are refering to? :dry:

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It's not like he is the worst person to get it, I dont have any problem with this.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
A knighthood doesn't really mean anything nowerdays anyway, not too fussed tbh. I have more important things to worry about.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, what happened there. I went to their respective profiles and apparently they are the same person.
Are you allowed to register you forum name twice ? Or was there an anomaly then(when he voted) ?

Now I know there are some who come on the forum with more than one identity, but I thought you only can have one forum member with a particular name ?
Imagine the confusion if more than one person registered with same user name ?

pasag

RTDAS
Are you allowed to register you forum name twice ? Or was there an anomaly then(when he voted) ?

Now I know there are some who come on the forum with more than one identity, but I thought you only can have one forum member with a particular name ?
Imagine the confusion if more than one person registered with same user name ?
Nah, was just a glitch probably.