• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tell us your brushes with sporting fame

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Have played cricket with Marc Murphy, Luke Ball, Jobe Watson, Brett Delidio and Marcus Drum; all of whom are now AFL footballers.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Robert Samuels used to be my coach and I also played with the former Jamaica U-19 player Simon Jackson at my school. Also, saw Courtney Walsh at the TV studio where I was playing a quiz match for my school. Result wasn't nice TBH. Pretty sure I've seen some other folks around.
Also seen two Jamaican football personalities of note in Clyde Jureidini and Jeffrey Maxwell. And also have met some of the top referees inclduing a FIFA ref. Can't remember his name but he was supposed to be officiating at the 2006 WC but got injured before and Graham Poll used his cards which were made infamous in the three yellows incident.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
brett lee was in my nsw u15 and u17 's side
m bevan was one of our fitness coaches.

also played grade cricket with m whitney, bracken and haddin cheeque brothers and a few others. i know ricky pontings brother in law through indoor cricket and he comes down to watch a fair bit when he is around.

i also know marion fenechs family as i was best mates with his younger brother

and here is a good one, when i worked for news limited ( the daily tele etc) i was one of Lachlan and sarahs drivers.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buggsy - RT's brother in law a bloke named Darren? If so, I play against him outdoors. Hits em ok too.

R_D

International Debutant
Met David King and Peter Bell ( when he used to play for kangas) might have been at Melbourne show... was long time back.
Stephen Kearney... used to come down to the restaurant i work at. He still does sometimes.

I've met Dravid and Kumble when they came down to eat at the restaurant as well. I served them but they didn't talk much.. kept a low profile. My cousin took a video recording of them and few months later there house was robbed and video was stolen as well :S
WHen was the super test match bull****.. thats when i met them.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Was giving Jimmy Adams throwdowns after some warmup game.. He drove one back at me and broke my index finger.. Used to live next door to Nixon McLean..

I've netted with Alec Stewart and Marc Butcher, well they were in the next net..

My parents went on tour to Barbados with Ian Botham, Viv Richards, Joel Garner and Michael Holding.. Nine months before I was born..

Managed to get on the national news, when they interviewed one of the Somerset guys about Marcus Trescothick's ailments.. I was taking photos in the background

Sw1fty

School Boy/Girl Captain
I chat with Dan Vettori when he comes in to see my boss when he is back home. Have spoken with Makaya Ntini, Jaques Rudolph, Shaun Pollock, Rudolph got a mini signature bat signed by the whole test team for me. Met Lasith Malinga, Chaminda Vass, Marvan Attapatu, spoken with Nathan Bracken & Brad Hodge, re-faced Brendon McCullums bats, put grips on Sanath Jayasuriya's bats, he watched me put them on. Chatted with most of the NZ side. Bumped into Sitiveni Sivivatu in a dairy.