• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: 2008 NRL Season (Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Basically exactly the same idea as the football one, except using Australia's leading football code.

For those of you not acquainted with the idea the rules are very straightforward: everyone who enters selects a team from the NRL each week, if they win you stay in but if they lose or draw, you're out. You can only select the same side once in each running of the competition (so if you select, say, St George this week & they win you cannot select them again). The last person left in the competition wins...

Fixtures for the weekend:

Penrith v Manly
St George v Brisbane
Sydney Roosters v Newcastle
North Queensland v Cronulla
Melbourne v Souths
Gold Coast v Canberra
NZ Warriors v Bulldogs
Wests v Parramatta

Any selection made before the game kicks off is accepted.

I'll take the Storm to beat the Bunnies this week.

Fiery

Banned
OK, I'm in Brumby. The Warriors who will be playing someone who can actually catch a football on the wing and break their 4 game losing streak at home to the equally awful Bulldogs

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In case you missed it, Brumby chose Melbourne in his post ;)

I'll take the Knights
Ah, you misunderstand. It only means I can't pick the Storm again next week (or any subsequent weeks), everyone else can still tip them.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.