• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

State of Origin 1

Game 1 Winner:

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Want the Blues to win, but can't see them scoring many tries through breaks made by their backs. Qld to win, I'm afraid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't know anything abour rugby league really, but I will say one thing, the major commentator for the Channel 9 coverage has the best voice. So awesome.

Put $20 on QLD seeing that everyone I heard kept raving about them being big favourites, and they were still at over $1.50. Was watching Heroes, flipped to the Rugby and saw NSW up 18-6. Watched Heroes again, then flipped back and QLD are 24-18 :-O

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It seems McPinch cannot remember what happened in game 1 last year.

Anyway, i'll be tipping the boys in Maroon to get up in what i think will be a close match 25-18. Inglis to score the first try, and the half time score will be 6-0 QLD.

EDIT: Just read Carl Webb is out, which imo is a significant loss as our foward pack was weaker than NSW's to start with. Change that to me tipping a NSW victory 24-12 (first try scorer, and half time score still the same) :( Kafusi is dire, and cannot replace Webb afaic. I'll still be cheering for the Maroons though, and i guess the blow will be softened a little if they win on the back of Mullen & Gidley's performances (being from the Knights and all).

CARN YOU MIGHTY MAROONS!!!!!!!
I clearly was kidding in the edited bit :p

QUUEENNSSLLAANNDDEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnners

I don't know anything abour rugby league really, but I will say one thing, the major commentator for the Channel 9 coverage has the best voice. So awesome.

Put $20 on QLD seeing that everyone I heard kept raving about them being big favourites, and they were still at over $1.50. Was watching Heroes, flipped to the Rugby and saw NSW up 18-6. Watched Heroes again, then flipped back and QLD are 24-6 :-O
QLD are 24-18 you ment :p

Ray "Rabs" Warren is without a doubt the best commentator of any sport because of that voice (Y)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ray Warren, that's it!

And yeah lol, 24-18, well it turned out to be 25-18. It'd be cool if you could lose points though, some how.

Johnners

yeah, it's the most devastating feeling, watching the score fall when someone on your team got out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Best thing ever, played a team in indoor cricket a few weeks back and almost got them back to 0 after their first partnership scored around 18. Their next two partnerships (playing sixes indoor cricket) were both negative.

They ended up making 7, and we passed their score in two balls. One of my mates hit a 6 + 1 on the first ball, and the second ball was a no ball off the pitch. :D

Johnners

Hayne put his hand up for the worst pass ever, possibly worse than Hodges in 03 (year?)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hayne put his hand up for the worst pass ever, possibly worse than Hodges in 03 (year?)
There has been plenty of passes like that in Orgin history, Hodgson had one last season. I think Bowen or Slater did something similar a couple years back too.

I have to say it was one of weirdest games of State of Orgin football, so many mistakes, mainly from the Blues, but QLD where pretty poor in the 1st half. There was never really that grinding forward game either. The game was relatively close but not the best game of football really. Kind of just illustrates this season really, lack quailty football.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How'd Lyon go?
Solid in defence for most of the game, they should have swapped him on Cooper, when they owned down that side. Didn't offer a great deal in attack and probably should have taken a bit more pressure of Mullen. Goal kicking keeps getting better.