• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Giro d'Italia

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hushovd second yesterday. Vast improvement. (OK, he lost to Förster for the first time in ages, but he also beat Petacchi and had to contend with the Milram helper Ongarato essentially veering right into him after finishing his push for Ale-Jet)

More mountains today - early ones too, before the TV cameras come on...

Craig

World Traveller
Hushovd second yesterday. Vast improvement. (OK, he lost to Förster for the first time in ages, but he also beat Petacchi and had to contend with the Milram helper Ongarato essentially veering right into him after finishing his push for Ale-Jet)

More mountains today - early ones too, before the TV cameras come on...
Who is your tip?

I like Popovych for the win, but of course you have Di Luca, Cunego, Ricco, Hincapie (outsider) for the win, or maybe a break will go clear.

On another matter I don't see the logic in Française des Jeux's DS Marc Madiot's decision to take New Zealand neo-pro (ie first year) Timothy Gudsell to the Giro. Gudsell turned pro this year is struggling everyday, getting dropped and losing minutes and is last overall, unless he is sick, I don't see him lasting much longer in the race. There are plenty of smaller races FDJ do, and he would better off to be sent there and gain experience/strength/fitness etc.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Who is your tip?
Hm. I don't believe Di Luca's good enough on stages like the one to Tre Cime di Lavaredo (4500 height metres)

I'll say Cunego because I've got him on top of my tips list in another online comp.

As for Gudsell - maybe he's there for time trial practice? ;)

Craig

World Traveller
Ceramica Panaria - Navigare's Luis Felipe Laverde (Colombia) took out Stage 6 after breaking clear of the 6 man break (which included his team mate Fortunato Baliani) with T-Mobile's Marco Pinotti. The two made a deal in which Laverade got the stage and Pinotti got the Maglia Rosa.

But Laverade also got the KOM jersey as well (Laverade won a stage last year as well). However, Pinotti now has a 3'30 lead over Hubert Schwab of Quick Step who also gets the White Jersey for Best Young Rider.

Stage 7 finishes at the F1 and MotoGP Mugello track. It is a staggering 254km which should end in a bunch sprint. The Valicco Di Croce A Mori which is about 55km from the finish.