View Poll Results: Are Arsenal better with or without Henry??

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • We are better without Henry

7 58.33%
  • We need henry back

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal FC

Arsenal FC

Well...as a die hard arsenal fan...i thought it was abt time a thread dedicated to this wonderful football club was opened.

Th main Q for us arsenal fans is, how is our team gonna do nxt yr!

So, any thoughts?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    We'll be up there again, but whether we'll have the squad to mount a serious title challenge is anyone's guess. A lot depends on the close season. I'd like a centre-half & a striker as we've looked short in both areas this year when injuries have struck.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Hey btw, i though you Arsenal fans would like to know that one of your most adoring fans is none other than the most wanted man in the world, OBL.......yes, its true.
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    We'll be up there again, but whether we'll have the squad to mount a serious title challenge is anyone's guess. A lot depends on the close season. I'd like a centre-half & a striker as we've looked short in both areas this year when injuries have struck.
    yep...thats what i was thinking as well!

Not really, unless something akin to the plague strikes Chelsea and Manure the simple and obvious answer is no.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    pfft Aresnal 2nd most hated team in the comp for mine
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Not really, unless something akin to the plague strikes Chelsea and Manure the simple and obvious answer is no.
    Well no. Given we've beaten ManUre twice & drawn at Stamford Badge we aren't a million miles away from either when we have a full team. We lack their depth tho.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    And the ability to take chances as well.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Well no. Given we've beaten ManUre twice & drawn at Stamford Badge we aren't a million miles away from either when we have a full team. We lack their depth tho.
    Meaningless. Manure and Chelsea can consistently churn out wins. The CDMs regularly drop points because they're a bunch of softies who would sooner pout and whine than do what it takes to grind out results when things don't go their way.

Simply not true. I doubt very much if there's a more competitive central midfield pairing than Fabregas & Gilberto. We've lost games we should've drawn & drawn games we should've won for two main reasons:

1) We've playing a zonal defence & our centre-halves (when Gallas is out and/or playing at full-back) lack the physical presence to make the system work. It's no coincidence that our defence issues have become more apparent since Sol Campbell left. We’d be better served with a man-marking system for mine.

2) We lack width & are trying to play the ball through teams too much. Teams that have the most success against us are those who face us with two banks of four because we don't have serious wing options just now.

U19 Captain
    another frustrating season for the goonies. missing their best centre back in gallas and their two best goalscorers rvp and henry for huge chunks of the season hasn't helped. would be like chelsea missing terry, drogba and lampard, or united missing ronaldo, rooney and ferdinand.

we do need width though badly, alex hleb is one of the worst players i've ever seen play for arsenal, should be shipped out quick.

Simply not true. I doubt very much if there's a more competitive central midfield pairing than Fabregas & Gilberto. We've lost games we should've drawn & drawn games we should've won for two main reasons:

1) We've playing a zonal defence & our centre-halves (when Gallas is out and/or playing at full-back) lack the physical presence to make the system work. It's no coincidence that our defence issues have become more apparent since Sol Campbell left. We’d be better served with a man-marking system for mine.

2) We lack width & are trying to play the ball through teams too much. Teams that have the most success against us are those who face us with two banks of four because we don't have serious wing options just now.
    Oh wait... what did I say again?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Oh wait... what did I say again?
    That we're a "bunch of softies". We aren't; it's a question of height and weight at centre-half. No-where else. Toure is a very decent defender, but he's not a beast like Campbell was or (say) Terry is now. He doesn't have the size to dominate an area like they can/could, so he'd be better served as a man-marker.

This is quite late news...but Arsenal have a new goalie...stats look good...anyone actually seen him play? Hope he does well!

another striker, centre back & full-back would do Arsenal very well. Hopefully they don't lose Henry though that would be a HUGE set-back.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information