Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather

Anyone else will be watching this? Hasn't been a fight this huge for a long time, and I'm looking forward to it.

My money is on the Golden Boy, even though Mayweather has a very good shot. I might make a bet, but I hate betting against boxers like Mayweather. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Banned
    Me. Can't wait.

Biggest non heavyweight fight since DLH - Tito.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    My bet's with La Hoya tbh.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Heavily over hyped fight that the Golden Boy and Mayweather have worked hard to promote.

De La Hoya was always overrated and he is now an over rated has been. Mayweather should win but I will not be tuning in.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    I'll be watching, want De La Hoya to win but think Mayweather is more likely.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    moved to the sports forum...

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    I'll be watching, want De La Hoya to win but think Mayweather is more likely.
    Agreed

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    What time is it on around these parts, anyone?

De La Hoya is awesome, so it'd be great to see him get up again, but Mayweather will probably win. I'll watch it if it's available and not too expensive, otherwise I'll try and catch a replay when it's not PPV.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

U19 Captain
    floyds footspeed will prove too much for oscar sadly, i can see him running rings round de la hoya all night. oscars only real chance is to come out and try and blitz the 'pretty boy' early with that wicked left hand of his. massively overhyped fight though, calzaghe-kessler is the one people really want to see.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Only way Mayweather will win is if he's on his heels all fight. De La Hoya is naturally a bigger fighter so should win fairly comfortably, Mayweather just won't be able to hurt him. Mayweather was 4lbs inside the 11st limit which suggests he's a blown-up light-welter fighting as a light-middleweight.

Mayweather is a complete tool too.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

U19 Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Only way Mayweather will win is if he's on his heels all fight. De La Hoya is naturally a bigger fighter so should win fairly comfortably, Mayweather just won't be able to hurt him. Mayweather was 4lbs inside the 11st limit which suggests he's a blown-up light-welter fighting as a light-middleweight.

Mayweather is a complete tool too.
    all this means nothing. the art of boxing is hitting and not getting hit, mayweather is one of the masters of this. he can dart in and out all night scoring points off oscar without hurting him, he is so much quicker than oscar that oscar will tire from just trying to keep up with him, and any follower of de la hoyas career will know that he tires horribly in the last 3-4 rounds of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheOne View Post
    all this means nothing. the art of boxing is hitting and not getting hit, mayweather is one of the masters of this. he can dart in and out all night scoring points off oscar without hurting him, he is so much quicker than oscar that oscar will tire from just trying to keep up with him, and any follower of de la hoyas career will know that he tires horribly in the last 3-4 rounds of fights.
    A good big 'un will generally beat a good little 'un. Mayweather likes to fight off the back foot too, so he's going to have De La Hoya's jab in his face all night. Mayweather might just keep out of harm's way to scramble a points win, but I think you're seriously underestimating De La Hoya's accuracy.

Worth a punt then Brumby? Because Mayweather is a massive favourite going by the bookies.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Worth a punt then Brumby? Because Mayweather is a massive favourite going by the bookies.
    Dunno. I've steered you wrongly before IIRC.

I think De La Hoya is a real chance, but whether I'd put money on it....

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Dunno. I've steered you wrongly before IIRC.
    Haha. I'm not talking anything big, I very rarely bet big on sports I have no clue about with regard to who is good and who isn't (except snooker, because I never lose when betting on snooker). Just something small.

I'm just surprised as to how short Mayweather is considering the split discussion that has occurred in this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information