• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you think will win the European Champions League

steds

Hall of Fame Member
As long as it's not Liverpool or United, I couldn't care less. If it is one of those, I'll probably end up killing some annoying **** who won't shut up about it.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Haha what?
Fair comment given the 1st XIs IMO. Obviously not currently though.

And before Marc makes some comment about squad depth, try taking seven first teamers out of Chelsea, including all four defenders, and see how they look.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And before Marc makes some comment about squad depth, try taking seven first teamers out of Chelsea, including all four defenders, and see how they look.
Where are these 7 then, and which 3 outfielders today are actually the first teamers?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
which 3 outfielders today are actually the first teamers?
What do you mean by this question?

Rio
Saha
Vidic
Gaz
Evra
Silvestre
Cathcart
Park
Richardson

Those are all our injuries (pre-Milan game tbf, though now Evra's suspended again for doing nothing he's not going to be playing). Five of those first choice (all four defenders), another two (possibly three, actually, looking at it) would be first pick of the replacements.

So, if anyone can be bothered to look at what Chelsea would look like given those precise injuries in those positions, I imagine it wouldn't look too pretty.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well, you can only play 11, and van de Saar played, so thus these 7 first teamers leaves 3 others...
7 injuries was pre-Milan, when Evra wasn't expected to play (though as I said, a booking for nothing has ruled him out again).

If you'd have a look at what Chelsea would look like with the injuries in those precise positions, it woudln't look pretty.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
let's hope United lose tonight. The trouble a Liverpool-United final would cause doesn't bare thinking about. Especially in the woolyback areas, and at the game itself. We'll end up with a European ban for years. Mind you, that would probably even up the Premiership in a roundabout way.

Also,I'm still scarred by the last time those two met in a cup final and I sat through it. 1996 anybody?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think a United v Reds final would be awesome, although if its Milan v Liverpool again and they give us a game similar to that of two years ago it will be hard to complain...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
i think a United v Reds final would be awesome, although if its Milan v Liverpool again and they give us a game similar to that of two years ago it will be hard to complain...
Maybe it would. As a neutral, living in Merseyside though, I can't help but think there will be serious trouble. Pubs smashed up, people acting like wankers etc.