• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the AFL/VFL stars 1986 -1996

pasag

RTDAS
With the 96-06 one coming to an end, it's time to start the 86-96 one if there is enough interest. This thread can be merged with the other one after we start.

A quick list (with a few duds in it) gives these players. Note, some that were in the other battle have been left out, anyone is welcome to add them back in. There are also some others that I've forgotten. Also we can extended the time frame if people want say 76-96.

Allen Jackovich
Billy Brownless
Brad Boyd
Chris Grant
Craig Bradley
Danny Frawley
Darren Jarman
Darren Millane
Dermott Brereton
Doug Hawkins
Garry Ablett
Garry Hocking
Garry Lyon
Gary Ayres
Gavin Brown
Guy McKenna
Jason Dunstall
Jim Stynes
John Longmire
John Platten
Justin Madden
Matthew Knights
Michael Long
Mick Martyn
Mick McGuane
Nathan Burke
Paul Couch
Paul Kelly
Paul Roos
Paul Salmon
Peter Daicos
Peter Matera
Peter Sumich
Robert Diperdominenco
Roger Merrett
Sav Rocca
Scott Wynd
Stephen Kernahan
Stewart Loewe
Tim Watson
Tony Liberatore
Tony Lockett
Tony Modra
Tony Shaw
Warwick Capper
Wayne Schwass

Additions and subtractions, suggestions welcome. Some shocking spelling in there as well.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
I'm keen.

No Damien Monkhorst? For shame.

More seriously, what about SOS? And although he won't go anywhere near the win, Gary Pert?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd be interested in getting this started. But don't have too many entrants, I know great players will miss out, but limit it to a reasonably small number. Otherwise it drags on and people get bored. Battle of AFL Stars 96-06 was the perfect length.