• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web AFL - Official Sign-up, Discussion and Results Thread

cameeel

International Captain
No one 213cm can possibly be co-ordinated, real-life or simmed.

I'm only 200 cm tall and I struggle as it is for co-ordination.

A height limit is in order for mine. 205cm or something similar.

Bobisback

International Regular
Sign-up form:

Name: Chris Dwyer
Height(cm): 6'4"
Weight(kg): 70kg
Date of birth:31/08/84

List of positions: Forward Fifty (Forward Pocket, Full Forward); Forward (Half Forward, Centre Half Forward); Centre (Wingman, Centre); Back (Half Back, Centre Half Back); Back Fifty (Back Pocket, Full Back); Ruck (Ruckman, Ruck Rover, Rover).

* Choose out of the 6 position catergories, not the specific positions in brackets.
* You can put the same position down more than once.
* There's restrictions to the amount a position can be used as a player's 1st preference, this is 5 for all positions. (So a limit of 5 Forward Fifty, 5 Forward, 5 Centre etc.)
* Farfetched position combinations will be dismissed, such as 1st pref: Ruck and 2nd pref: Rover, for example.

1st preference position: Back
2nd preference position: Back Fifty
3rd preference position: Back

Ratings:

* Place an A, B, C, D, E or F next to the criterion below according to your preferred skill level in the area, A being the best and F being the worst.
* There's a potential rating that I haven't disclosed, this determines how much and how quickly you develop, it will be greater the younger you are.

Players aged 17-21 have to use 1 A, 2 Bs, 5 Cs, 5 Ds, 3 Es, 2 Fs.
Players aged 22-25 have to use 3 As, 3 Bs, 6 Cs, 3 Ds, 2 Es, 1 F.
Players aged 26+ have to use 4 As, 4 Bs, 7 Cs, 1 D, 1 E, 1 F.

* If you need any help in filling this out, feel free to ask.

Crumbing - D
Long Kick - C
Short Kick - C
Kick Distance - C
Handball - C
Mark Contested - A
Mark Uncontested - C
Tackling - B
Strength - A
Speed - C
Agility - D
Hit Out/Ruck Tap - F
Goal Accuracy In Play - E
Goal Accuracy Set Shot - E
Free Kick Tendency - D
Defense Ground Level - B
Defence In Air - B
Defence One on One - A

Player Type(choose one, mark with a simple yes):
Defensive - YES
Goal Sneak -
Full Forward -
Full Back -
Normal -
Runs Hard -
Doesn't Cover Much Ground -

With Ball(must add up to 100):
Short Kick % - 25
Long Kick % - 45
Handball % - 20
Run % - 10

Buddhmaster

International Captain
No one 213cm can possibly be co-ordinated, real-life or simmed.

I'm only 200 cm tall and I struggle as it is for co-ordination.

A height limit is in order for mine. 205cm or something similar.
Ever watched basketball? But yeh, some amazing athletes here.

I know everyone's just joining for something to do, but it's making it very hard work for the organisers. I have no idea about soccer, so I didn't sign up for CW Soccer. Maybe if the people that don't know the sport just gave a basic idea of what type of player they wanted to be, it would be easier for us.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ever watched basketball? But yeh, some amazing athletes here.

I know everyone's just joining for something to do, but it's making it very hard work for the organisers. I have no idea about soccer, so I didn't sign up for CW Soccer. Maybe if the people that don't know the sport just gave a basic idea of what type of player they wanted to be, it would be easier for us.
The main problem was the ratings right, had no idea what should go where myself. You can change mine to whatever suits a half back that likes to go forward.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I didn't put my real age, I'm actually 20 but put 24, didn't know whether we had to or not. Since people are actually putting 15, maybe we were supposed to?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I didn't put my real age, I'm actually 20 but put 24, didn't know whether we had to or not. Since people are actually putting 15, maybe we were supposed to?
Nah, we can't have a side full of <22. Need some guys with more stats than just the minimum.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Sign-up form:

Name: James Stedman
Height(cm): 188cm
Weight(kg): 70kg
Date of birth: 22 January 1990

List of positions: Forward Fifty (Forward Pocket, Full Forward); Forward (Half Forward, Centre Half Forward); Centre (Wingman, Centre); Back (Half Back, Centre Half Back); Back Fifty (Back Pocket, Full Back); Ruck (Ruckman, Ruck Rover, Rover).
  • Choose out of the 6 position catergories, not the specific positions in brackets.
  • You can put the same position down more than once.
  • There's restrictions to the amount a position can be used as a player's 1st preference, this is 5 for all positions. (So a limit of 5 Forward Fifty, 5 Forward, 5 Centre etc.)
  • Farfetched position combinations will be dismissed, such as 1st pref: Ruck and 2nd pref: Rover, for example.
1st preference position: Forward
2nd preference position: Back
3rd preference position: Back Fifty

Ratings:
  • Place an A, B, C, D, E or F next to the criterion below according to your preferred skill level in the area, A being the best and F being the worst.
  • There's a potential rating that I haven't disclosed, this determines how much and how quickly you develop, it will be greater the younger you are.

• If you need any help in filling this out, feel free to ask.
Crumbing - E
Long Kick - D
Short Kick - B
Kick Distance - D
Handball - E
Mark Contested - D
Mark Uncontested - B
Tackling - C
Strength - E
Speed - C
Agility - C
Hit Out/Ruck Tap - F
Goal Accuracy In Play - A
Goal Accuracy Set Shot - C
Free Kick Tendency - F
Defense Ground Level - D
Defence In Air - D
Defence One on One - C

Defensive -
Goal Sneak - Yes
Full Forward -
Full Back -
Normal -
Runs Hard -

Short Kick % - 50
Long Kick % - 10
Handball % - 10
Run % - 30

HELP
Here's something to help AFL newbies out:

Ruckman are usually 196cm+
Key position players, such as full forward, centre half forward, centre half back and full back are usually around 188-199cm.
Midfield players - ruck rovers, centres etc. are usually around 170-185cm, the odd midfielder will be around 185-190cm.

If there are any other problems, let me know.

*LOOK*
Ok, we have already reached the quota of 5 people who have listed their first preference as forward fifty, forward, ruck or centre.

The first preference quotas are currently at:

Foward Fifty - 5 (full)
Forward - 5 (full)
Centre - 5 (full)
Back - 4
Back Fifty - 4
Ruck - 5 (full)

Due to an influx of unexpected sign-ups, I'm looking into extending the quota at some stage

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All these people wanting to be forwards. Gotta realise that the best position is a soft half-back flanker who gets cheap possessions, runs with the ball and has an accurate kick. They're the coolest footballers around. :cool:

Eg. Bowdens, Heath Shaw, Gilbee, Goddard, Nathan D Brown, Andrew Welsh, Jordan McMahon, Sinclair, Complete Hawthorn backline etc.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Sign-up form:

Name: Mike Wilson
Height(cm): 187 cm
Weight(kg): 74kg
Date of birth: 2 January 1990

Choose out of the 6 position catergories, not the specific positions in brackets.
You can put the same position down more than once.
There's restrictions to the amount a position can be used as a player's 1st preference, this is 5 for all positions. (So a limit of 5 Forward Fifty, 5 Forward, 5 Centre etc.)
Farfetched position combinations will be dismissed, such as 1st pref: Ruck and 2nd pref: Rover, for example.
1st preference position: CHB/HBF
2nd preference position: Wing/ HFF
3rd preference position: FB/BP

Ratings:
Place an A, B, C, D, E or F next to the criterion below according to your preferred skill level in the area, A being the best and F being the worst.
There's a potential rating that I haven't disclosed, this determines how much and how quickly you develop, it will be greater the younger you are.

If you need any help in filling this out, feel free to ask.
Crumbing - E
Long Kick - A
Short Kick - D
Kick Distance - B
Handball - C
Mark Contested - C
Mark Uncontested - C
Tackling - D
Strength - D
Speed - C
Agility - C
Hit Out/Ruck Tap - F
Goal Accuracy In Play - E
Goal Accuracy Set Shot - E
Free Kick Tendency - F
Defense Ground Level - D
Defence In Air - D
Defence One on One - B

Defensive -
Goal Sneak -
Full Forward -
Full Back -
Normal -
Runs Hard - YES

Short Kick 5 %
Long Kick 60%
Handball 5%
Run 30%

Hoggy31

International Captain
*LOOK*

Now that we have enough backmen and the like, the quota for all positions has been extended to 7.

The first preference quotas are currently at:

Foward Fifty - 5
Forward - 6
Centre - 5
Back - 5
Back Fifty - 5
Ruck - 5

If there are a lot more sign-ups after this post, then we will look into creating another team.

Last edited: