• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web AFL - Official Sign-up, Discussion and Results Thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
yes but if you cared to read Ruck also includes Rover and Ruck Rover etc and etc
Was refering to the indiviual position of ruckman tbh..

Unless you guys want to start tomorrow im sure you will be able to cover all the positions with enough players over time. In less then a day you have had 20 odd sign ups. Really if people want to sign up as forwards and ruckmans then they can, with the knowleage that they might not get as much game time.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sign-up form:

Name: Manjunath Reddlapalli
Height(cm): 183
Weight(kg): 90
Date of birth: 11/11/1984

List of positions: Forward Fifty (Forward Pocket, Full Forward); Forward (Half Forward, Centre Half Forward); Centre (Wingman, Centre); Back (Half Back, Centre Half Back); Back Fifty (Back Pocket, Full Back); Ruck (Ruckman, Ruck Rover, Rover).

* Choose out of the 6 position catergories, not the specific positions in brackets.
* You can put the same position down more than once.
* There's restrictions to the amount a position can be used as a player's 1st preference, this is 5 for all positions. (So a limit of 5 Forward Fifty, 5 Forward, 5 Centre etc.)
* Farfetched position combinations will be dismissed, such as 1st pref: Ruck and 2nd pref: Rover, for example.

1st preference position: Back Fifty
2nd preference position: Centre
3rd preference position: Fifty

Ratings:

* Place an A, B, C, D, E or F next to the criterion below according to your preferred skill level in the area, A being the best and F being the worst.
* There's a potential rating that I haven't disclosed, this determines how much and how quickly you develop, it will be greater the younger you are.

Players aged 22-25 have to use 3 As, 3 Bs, 6 Cs, 3 Ds, 2 Es, 1 F.

* If you need any help in filling this out, feel free to ask.

Crumbing - B
Long Kick - C
Short Kick - A
Kick Distance - D
Handball - A
Mark Contested - B
Mark Uncontested - C
Tackling - C
Strength - C
Speed - B
Agility - C
Hit Out/Ruck Tap - D
Goal Accuracy In Play - D
Goal Accuracy Set Shot - F
Free Kick Tendency - E
Defense Ground Level - D
Defence In Air - A
Defence One on One - C

Player Type(choose one, mark with a simple yes):
Defensive - YES
Goal Sneak -
Full Forward -
Full Back -
Normal -
Runs Hard -
Doesn't Cover Much Ground -

With Ball(must add up to 100):
Short Kick % - 40
Long Kick % - 15
Handball % - 30
Run % - 15

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
It was all over the shop. Positions were wrong, the was a 1 in the abilities ffs.
settle down geez.....i only asked......no need to give me the FFS!!!!

i did put my post in at 2.20am in the morning. (sorry for the typo)!

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Biggest load of crap that this was put out when i wasn't here hence missing out playing at centre. :(

All good tho, Well done on starting this tho :thumbsup:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Was refering to the indiviual position of ruckman tbh..

Unless you guys want to start tomorrow im sure you will be able to cover all the positions with enough players over time. In less then a day you have had 20 odd sign ups. Really if people want to sign up as forwards and ruckmans then they can, with the knowleage that they might not get as much game time.
If you don't like it you can always retire. I hear the International Rules side is looking for a new coach.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
if it makes life easier i am happy to have what ever position if we have too many players on the one position. if ya like. change me to whatever!

cameeel

International Captain
Sign-up form:

Name: Justin Rodgie
Height(cm): 208 cm
Weight(kg): 97 kg
Age:Real age = 15 But lowest simming age if below above 15
Date of birth: 30/03/92 in RL but adjust to the year you set me.

1st preference position: Ruckman
2nd preference position: Ruck Rover
3rd preference position: Rover

Speed - A
Hit Out/Ruck Tap - D
208cm ruck rover. And 208cm is absurdly tall for a 15 year old, there's only one (maybe two) AFL players that tall, and he doesn't rate an A for speed. Unrealistic form for mine.