• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web AFL - Official Sign-up, Discussion and Results Thread

Hoggy31

International Captain
Mate, I suggest you read the first post more thoroughly. We are at our full quota for forwards, the quota was put in place to stop this exactly - everybody signing up as a forward, creating huge competition for forward line spots and leaving us with ass all backs.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see our Dean Cox signed up.

Personally, I think there should be some alteration of heights and weights going on here. Big McKern and Fuller are the only guys to sign up who could really play Key Position.

Clapham, you look freaking huge in your photos. Refuse to believe you're only 180cm...
haha, tbh i'm actually only 178cm, increased a little so i wasn't the shortarse of the team :cool: If needs be, due to the lack of key position players atm, i can increase height, and alter from a "runs hard" player to a "full foward" player.

readie

State Regular
Mate, I suggest you read the first post more thoroughly. We are at our full quota for forwards, the quota was put in place to stop this exactly - everybody signing up as a forward, creating huge competition for forward line spots and leaving us with ass all backs.
Yer sorry Mate I'll Fix It up now for you

tadeusz

State 12th Man
Sign-up form:

Name: Thad Bochat
Height(cm): 177
Weight(kg): 79
Date of birth: 14 April, 1986

List of positions: Forward Fifty (Forward Pocket, Full Forward); Forward (Half Forward, Centre Half Forward); Centre (Wingman, Centre); Back (Half Back, Centre Half Back); Back Fifty (Back Pocket, Full Back); Ruck (Ruckman, Ruck Rover, Rover).
  • Choose out of the 6 position catergories, not the specific positions in brackets.
  • You can put the same position down more than once.
  • There's restrictions to the amount a position can be used as a player's 1st preference, this is 5 for all positions. (So a limit of 5 Forward Fifty, 5 Forward, 5 Centre etc.)
  • Farfetched position combinations will be dismissed, such as 1st pref: Ruck and 2nd pref: Rover, for example.
1st preference position: Back 50
2nd preference position: Back
3rd preference position: Forward 50

Ratings:
  • Place an A, B, C, D, E or F next to the criterion below according to your preferred skill level in the area, A being the best and F being the worst.
  • There's a potential rating that I haven't disclosed, this determines how much and how quickly you develop, it will be greater the younger you are.

Players aged 17-21 have to use 1 A, 2 Bs, 5 Cs, 5 Ds, 3 Es, 2 Fs.
  • If you need any help in filling this out, feel free to ask.
Crumbing - C
Long Kick - F
Short Kick - B
Kick Distance - C
Handball - D
Mark Contested - C
Mark Uncontested - B
Tackling - C
Strength - D
Speed - F
Agility - E
Hit Out/Ruck Tap - E
Goal Accuracy In Play - E
Goal Accuracy Set Shot - D
Free Kick Tendency - D
Defense Ground Level - D
Defence In Air - A
Defence One on One - C

Player Type(choose one, mark with a simple yes):
Defensive - Yes
Goal Sneak -
Full Forward -
Full Back -
Normal -
Runs Hard -
Doesn't Cover Much Ground -

With Ball(must add up to 100):
Short Kick % -35
Long Kick % - 20
Handball % - 35
Run % - 10

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Sign-up form:

Name: Pinchi McPinch
Height(cm): 213
Weight(kg): 68
Date of birth: 20/11/??

List of positions: Forward Fifty (Forward Pocket, Full Forward); Forward (Half Forward, Centre Half Forward); Centre (Wingman, Centre); Back (Half Back, Centre Half Back); Back Fifty (Back Pocket, Full Back); Ruck (Ruckman, Ruck Rover, Rover).

* Choose out of the 6 position catergories, not the specific positions in brackets.
* You can put the same position down more than once.
* There's restrictions to the amount a position can be used as a player's 1st preference, this is 5 for all positions. (So a limit of 5 Forward Fifty, 5 Forward, 5 Centre etc.)
* Farfetched position combinations will be dismissed, such as 1st pref: Ruck and 2nd pref: Rover, for example.

1st preference position: Forward Fifty
2nd preference position: Forward Fifty
3rd preference position: Forward

Ratings:

* Place an A, B, C, D, E or F next to the criterion below according to your preferred skill level in the area, A being the best and F being the worst.
* There's a potential rating that I haven't disclosed, this determines how much and how quickly you develop, it will be greater the younger you are.

Players aged 22-25 have to use 3 As, 3 Bs, 6 Cs, 3 Ds, 2 Es, 1 F.
Players aged 26+ have to use 4 As, 4 Bs, 7 Cs, 1 D, 1 E, 1 F.

* If you need any help in filling this out, feel free to ask.

Crumbing - C
Long Kick - C
Short Kick - D
Kick Distance - B
Handball - D
Mark Contested - B
Mark Uncontested - C
Tackling - E
Strength - D
Speed - C
Agility - D
Hit Out/Ruck Tap - E
Goal Accuracy In Play - A
Goal Accuracy Set Shot - C
Free Kick Tendency - D
Defense Ground Level - E
Defence In Air - F
Defence One on One - F

Defensive -
Goal Sneak -
Full Forward - yes
Full Back -
Normal -
Runs Hard -

Short Kick % - 30
Long Kick % - 30
Handball % - 15
Run % - 25

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pinchy Son, we've got a full quoate Fowards, check the Quota's on the first page (Y)

Need backs instead.

Hoggy31

International Captain
No, Forward and Forward Fifty are different things. Pinchy got the last Forward Fifty spot, for now.

Alright, the sign-ups can begin now that we’ve generated enough interest.

Sign-up form:

Name: Justin Rodgie
Height(cm): 208 cm
Weight(kg): 97 kg
Age:Real age = 15 But lowest simming age if below above 15
Date of birth: 30/03/92 in RL but adjust to the year you set me.

Choose out of the 6 position catergories, not the specific positions in brackets.
You can put the same position down more than once.
There's restrictions to the amount a position can be used as a player's 1st preference, this is 5 for all positions. (So a limit of 5 Forward Fifty, 5 Forward, 5 Centre etc.)
Farfetched position combinations will be dismissed, such as 1st pref: Ruck and 2nd pref: Rover, for example.
1st preference position: Ruckman
2nd preference position: Ruck Rover
3rd preference position: Rover

Ratings:
Place an A, B, C, D, E or F next to the criterion below according to your preferred skill level in the area, A being the best and F being the worst.
There's a potential rating that I haven't disclosed, this determines how much and how quickly you develop, it will be greater the younger you are.

Players aged 22-25 have to use 3 As, 3 Bs, 6 Cs, 3 Ds, 2 Es, 1 F.
Players aged 26+ have to use 4 As, 4 Bs, 7 Cs, 1 D, 1 E, 1 F.
If you need any help in filling this out, feel free to ask.
Crumbing - F
Long Kick - B
Short Kick - D
Kick Distance - D
Handball - D
Mark Contested - C
Mark Uncontested - C
Tackling - C
Strength - C
Speed - A
Agility - C
Hit Out/Ruck Tap - D
Goal Accuracy In Play - B
Goal Accuracy Set Shot - F
Free Kick Tendency - E
Defense Ground Level - E
Defence In Air - D
Defence One on One - E

Defensive -
Goal Sneak -
Full Forward -
Full Back -
Normal -
Runs Hard - Yes

Short Kick % - 21
Long Kick % - 39
Handball % - 17
Run % - 33

HELP
Here's something to help AFL newbies out:

Ruckman are usually 196cm+
Key position players, such as full forward, centre half forward, centre half back and full back are usually around 188-199cm.
Midfield players - ruck rovers, centres etc. are usually around 170-185cm, the odd midfielder will be around 185-190cm.

If there are any other problems, let me know.

*LOOK*
Ok, we have already reached the quota of 5 people who have listed their first preference as forward fifty, forward, ruck or centre.

The first preference quotas are currently at:

Foward Fifty - 5 (full)
Forward - 5 (full)
Centre - 5 (full)
Back - 3
Back Fifty - 3
Ruck - 5 (full)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Alright, the sign-ups can begin now that we’ve generated enough interest.

Sign-up form:

Name: Justin Rodgie

Sorry Justin, but if you had've read the first post like everyone else seemed to be capable of doing, you would have realised that the current 'Ruck' quota is full.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, we have already reached the quota of 5 people who have listed their first preference as forward and ruck.

The first preference quotas are currently at:

Foward Fifty - 2 (or 3 if you count Buggs' sign-up, but I don't know if I'm doing that at this stage)
Forward - 5 (full)
Centre - 4
Back - 3
Back Fifty - 0
Ruck - 5

Due to an influx of unexpected sign-ups, I'm looking into extending the quota at some stage.
why you not counting mine :(