• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Roberto Ayala - how do you rate him ?

How do you rate Argentine and Valencia defender Roberto Ayala ?

• Total voters

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
He's one of the best centre backs La Liga?Primera has seen. But having never seen him play in the best league in the world (premiership) I could'nt say he is an all time great. Then again I don't follow Argentina, so i can't comment on his international form. Will keep a close eye on him when Valencia play Chelsea next.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He was by definition an excellent (arguably great) defender sometime ago (had pace, great elevation, brilliantly tactical understanding) but simply his nothing more than a pretty good defender now. His career at the top level is effectively over this season and his move to Villarreal is the personification of that but he will go down as one of the best defenders of this generation.