• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sports personalities with the same surname game.

andmark

International Captain
This game is just basicaly you have to try to find two sporting personalities;with the same surname.I'll get us started.Imran Khan and Younis Khan.

P.S They can both be in different sports.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mitchell Thomas - Former Spurs/Luton defender
Mitchell Johnson - Current QLD and Aus LFM

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh - Struggles to understand what someone's surname is.

I personally found the Australian Schoolboys rugby league team fielding a "kid" called "Cameron White" against England under-19s this winter a bit sus tbh. Fully expecting us to retaliate by putting Rob Key at prop next time we meet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

I personally found the Australian Schoolboys rugby league team fielding a "kid" called "Cameron White" against England under-19s this winter a bit sus tbh. Fully expecting us to retaliate by putting Rob Key at prop next time we meet.
Two hit-ups from a coronary, is big Bob. :laugh:

Actually, on a League vibe, there's two Jeremy Smiths about, isn't there? One plays for Melbourne & one plays for Souths.

Matteh

Wanted to keep it topical and the first Mitchell i thought of was Mitchell Johnson. Not many decent footballers with Mitchell as a surname at the moment, then all i could think of was Eastenders which has been the reason i've been called some fairly obvious names in the past.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Pål Tyldum - cross-country skier in the 1970s, won the 50 km in 1976 Olympics
Jon Åge Tyldum - biathlete in the 1990s, two time overall World Cup winner

Johan Sætre - ski jumper in the early 1980s
Lasse Sætre - speed skater in the late 1990s, 2000s, olympic bronze on the 10k

And there's all the Flos (Tore Andre, Jostein, Håvard) - but they're all related, come from the some inbred village in the thickest of Sogn.

Moving away from Norway, there's

three unrelated cricketers by the name Gillespie: Jason (Oz, mullet), Mark (NZ, fast and thus crocked) and Peter (Ireland)

Ed Moses is a good one too: one totally unbeaten hurdler and one breaststroke swimmer with world records on the short course.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
2 people of contrasting cultures

Kobe Bryant- The surly, high-flying, all-star, LA Laker
and
David Bryant- The pipe smoking, 3 times world champion of World Indoor Bowls and having a career lasting 3 decades.

Johnners

Wayne Kerr - Some Footballer in England, **** of a bloke apparently :ph34r:
Daniel Kerr - Waynes close relation :ph34r: oh, and he plays AFL for West Coast

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Gary Neville - Manchester United captain
Phil Neville - Everton Captain (fmr of Man Utd)

Kenny and Winston Benjamin - West Inidan fast bowlers

luffy

International Captain
There's a Jeff Wilson involved in harness racing too isn't there? Must be a common name...
Most people don't pay attention to harness racing tbh. Unless your addicted to betting, or have lots of money, or your stupid.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Most people don't pay attention to harness racing tbh. Unless your addicted to betting, or have lots of money, or your stupid.

What an idiotic comment. Honestly, think before you type, even though I know it's a lot to ask.

And never mind the large spoonful of irony on this one:

your stupid