• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best sporting songs or chants

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
We're pretty bereft of chants in NZ. The best me and my mate could manage was about 5 years ago when the Crusaders weren't going too well and there were rumours floating around.

My mate and I started up this simple chant:

"Justin Marshall has no life, cos Andrew Mehrtens ****ed his wife!"

which even raised chuckles from the Crusaders supporters around us.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Could not agree more. The above nailed it.

Close the thread now, discussion over :)
Agreed. Not a Liverpool fan, but would give anything just to be able to pretend I was and stand in the Kop on a European night and belt that out. :)

On that note, as dull and repetitive as it is, I always enjoy a round of the Pompey Chimes. And anything anti-Aussie at the cricket goes down particularly well, too. :p :D

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah Liverpool's is awesome in Fearless.

But nothing can beat:

Nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, we are the Navy Blues, we are the old dark Navy Blues....

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally hearing an entire stand of Australians crying out 'Bull****' over and over made me laugh.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Liverpool's is awesome in Fearless.

But nothing can beat:

Nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, we are the Navy Blues, we are the old dark Navy Blues....
Not a huge fan of the Blues song.

As much as I hate them, the Tigers have the best.

'Oh we're from Tigerland...'

steds

Hall of Fame Member
My personal favourite is
You light up my senses
like a gallon of Greenalls
like a kebab from Geno's
Like a good sniff of glue
Like a night out at Martine's
Like a split, fish and curry
Oh St Helens rugby
Come thrill me again

Although I like it when the Hull fans sing Old Faithful. Pity they're all *****.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
"It's a grand old flag, it's a high-flying flag.
It's the emblem for me and for youuuuu.
The emblem of the team we love, the team of the red and the blueeeee."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Although I like it when the Hull fans sing Old Faithful. Pity they're all *****.
Thanks mate. Feeling the love. :p

A recent favourite of mine was actually a ManUre song in honour of their South Korean star Park Ji Sung. Sung to the "Lord of the dance" tune:

Park, Park whoever you may be,
You eat dogs in your own country,
But it could be worse,
You could be Scouse,
Eating rats in your council house.

I know a couple of really good ones about Cashley, but they're borderline libellous.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Thanks mate. Feeling the love. :p

A recent favourite of mine was actually a ManUre song in honour of their South Korean star Park Ji Sung. Sung to the "Lord of the dance" tune:

Park, Park whoever you may be,
You eat dogs in your own country,
But it could be worse,
You could be Scouse,
Eating rats in your council house.

I know a couple of really good ones about Cashley, but they're borderline libellous.
That's a great one, the Park song.

Also one of my PFC favourites:

He's only a poor little scummer,
His face is all tattered and torn,
He made me feel sick
So I hit him with a brick
And now he don't sing any more!

Compared to what the Scum sing about us, that's actually pretty mild. Their one involves "shooting the Pompey scum", or something. :blink:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
"Oh were from tiiigerrrrrr (YELLOW AND BLACK!!)... oh we're from tiiiigerrrrrlaaaaaand"

Am green with envy re: Richmonds song.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That's a great one, the Park song.

Also one of my PFC favourites:

He's only a poor little scummer,
His face is all tattered and torn,
He made me feel sick
So I hit him with a brick
And now he don't sing any more!

Compared to what the Scum sing about us, that's actually pretty mild. Their one involves "shooting the Pompey scum", or something. :blink:
The "shoot the <insert local rival's name here>" one is pretty generic.