• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best sporting songs or chants

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craigos posting this:

And thing's aren't going well either when he hired a *** offender as manager.
in the main footy thread made me think of another favourite chant of mine from when said nonce managed Pompey. To The Manic's tune:

And if you tolerate Rix, then your children will be next... :p

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
in the main footy thread made me think of another favourite chant of mine from when said nonce managed Pompey. To The Manic's tune:

Haha, so brutal. :laugh:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Craigos posting this:

:laugh: I think I was probably too young to understand that one when Rix was around. Classic.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do not be mistaken
And do not be misled
We are not scousers
We are from Birkenhead
You can [stick] your Cathedral
You can [stick] your Pier Head
Coz we are not scousers
We are from Birkenhead

Birkenhead la la la
Birkenhead la la la

Square brackets denote family forum version

He runs down the left
He runs down the riiiiight
Oh Chrissy Shuker
Makes Ronaldo look [poo]

There's only one Ian Goodison
Only one Ian Goodison
He used to be [poo]
But now he's alright
Walking in a Goodison wonderland

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
An old one

Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Rooney is a fat bastard
And David Moyes is gay

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The baby's not yours
The baby's not yooourrsss
Oh Steven Gerrard
The baby's not yours

savill

School Boy/Girl Captain
A couple more scouse one's from Fortress Layer Road:

He's p****d, he's scouse
He's gonna rob you're house,
Kev McLeod, Kev McLeod

and

You are a scouser
Dirty, dirty scouser
You're only happy, on Giro day
You're mum's out stealing
You're dad's out dealing
So please, don't take my hubcaps away
La la la la la

andmark

International Captain
A couple more scouse one's from Fortress Layer Road:

He's p****d, he's scouse
He's gonna rob you're house,
Kev McLeod, Kev McLeod

and

You are a scouser
Dirty, dirty scouser
You're only happy, on Giro day
You're mum's out stealing
You're dad's out dealing
So please, don't take my hubcaps away
La la la la la
Thanks mate. Feeling the love. :p

A recent favourite of mine was actually a ManUre song in honour of their South Korean star Park Ji Sung. Sung to the "Lord of the dance" tune:

Park, Park whoever you may be,
You eat dogs in your own country,
But it could be worse,
You could be Scouse,
Eating rats in your council house.

I know a couple of really good ones about Cashley, but they're borderline libellous.

Why does most manchester and Birkenhead songs have to involve Liverpool.

Matteh

This'll probably wind a couple of people up but Birkenhead is essentially Liverpool and Manchester and Liverpool just don't get on as is the case with most clubs that are rivals over a period of time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This'll probably wind a couple of people up but Birkenhead is essentially Liverpool and Manchester and Liverpool just don't get on as is the case with most clubs that are rivals over a period of time.

Stupid comment tbh Matteh, there's a bloody river in between. You're right, it has wound me up :p

Matteh

My mum's bf went to Caldy Grange Grammar and lived in West Kirby. He still says 'chur' and hur' which frankly sounds very Liverpudlian. :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Caldy Grange Grammar - poof! It may sound Liverpudlian to the untrained ear, but put me next to some of my workmates and you can hear the difference. Also, just because we talk similarly doesn't mean they are the same place :p

Matteh

Caldy Grange Grammar - poof! It may sound Liverpudlian to the untrained ear, but put me next to some of my workmates and you can hear the difference. Also, just because we talk similarly doesn't mean they are the same place :p
The little bit just over the river from Liverpool is basically Liverpool still though, although obviously the whole western side isn't Liverpool. Otherwise you may as well say that London is two cities because a river divides it. :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's obviously not Liverpool though. The peninsula = Wirral and the city=Liverpool. Your argument is equivalent to saying that Belgium is effectively Holland, or Tasmani effectively NSW (I think) :p

The only thing I will give you is that people who live in Birkenhead, as in the town centre near the tunnel, sound very similar to inner-city scousers. But it's not the same place

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It's obviously not Liverpool though. The peninsula = Wirral and the city=Liverpool. Your argument is equivalent to saying that Belgium is effectively Holland, or Tasmani effectively NSW
Not really. The wirral doesn't stretch across 237,629 km² of Victoria to be effectively Liverpool. :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Bits in italics altered slightly, as it's a family forum, but you can't really tell. :D

My old man said "be a Bradford fan"
And I Said "shove off, you're a lady's private part
I'd rather make sweet love to a bucket with a big hole in it
Than be a Bradford fan for just one minute"
We dillied. We dallied
We slaughtered them at the Valley
We showed the Yorkshire illegitimate children how to play
Oh I'd rather make sweet love to a bucket with a big hole in it
Than be a Bradford fan!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Bits in italics altered slightly, as it's a family forum, but you can't really tell. :D

My old man said "be a Bradford fan"
And I Said "shove off, you're a lady's private part
I'd rather make sweet love to a bucket with a big hole in it
Than be a Bradford fan for just one minute"
We dillied. We dallied
We slaughtered them at the Valley
We showed the Yorkshire illegitimate children how to play
Oh I'd rather make sweet love to a bucket with a big hole in it
Than be a Bradford fan!
:laugh: