• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest ever sporting come backs

Craig

World Traveller
It was England's own fault they lost in 2004 and if the ref knew what a sending off offence was, as well as anyboody but David Beckham taking a penalty.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, yeah, maybe bias, but still, 2 goals in 3 (technically roughly 2:30 from when Sheringham's crossed the line) minutes > 3 goals in longer (no idea in what timespan the German goals came in, know it wasn't long, but was longer than 3 minutes).
Depends how the opposition is playing, tbh.

Langeveldt

Soutie
428 or whatver the score was in the Joburg match..

If I was captain, I'd have told the boys to get some batting practice and aim for 300...

Swervy

International Captain
In the NFL in the 1992 playoffs,
Buffalo Bills won 41-38 after being 35-3 down in the third quarter against the Houston Oilers

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^As a wildcard, greatest moment. :cool:

As much as I hate to say it, Hewitt coming back against Federer in 2003 Davis Cup, when he was 2 sets to 0 down, and a break down in the third. Was ridiculous, and I think it was the catalyst that set of Federer down his path of greatness. It stung him quite badly from what it sounds like when he talks about it.

Hewitt hasn't beaten him since.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
diego corrales v jose luis castillo

castillo knocked corrales down twice in round ten, and as he went in for the kill the third time, out of nowhere corrales unleashed a beast of a left hook which staggered castillo, and corrales unleashed a rampant flurry of punches which castillo could do nothing about and the fight was stopped as castillo was all over the place. incredible fight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=imZaiGJgbsw

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Red Sox - Down 0-3 to Yankees in 2004 American League Championship, won last 4 games.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^As a wildcard, greatest moment. :cool:

As much as I hate to say it, Hewitt coming back against Federer in 2003 Davis Cup, when he was 2 sets to 0 down, and a break down in the third. Was ridiculous, and I think it was the catalyst that set of Federer down his path of greatness. It stung him quite badly from what it sounds like when he talks about it.

Hewitt hasn't beaten him since.
Cash did something similar in a Davis Cup final against Sweden - lost the first 2 sets 6-2, 6-2, came back and won in 5.

Recently, Australia in Adelaide last Ashes series - conceded 550+ 1st dig, conceded 1st innings lead , not much time left in the game - you know the rest.

Of course, the Botham-Willis one was 100s better than Adelaide, as was Dravid/ Laxman

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, I remember being about 5 or something, and being really upset. I went to bed in the 75th minute, and went to sleep. I remember my dad shouting at me, and telling me to come downstairs. What a night.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Red Sox - Down 0-3 to Yankees in 2004 American League Championship, won last 4 games.
Considering the history behind the two teams, that has to be the greatest comeback ever. For those that don't know, the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees are bitter rivals in baseball. The Yankees are the sport's dominant team, having won the most championships ever. They both play in the same division, so that makes all the winning the Yankees used to do even tougher on the BoSox. To add to it all, the Red Sox traded away the games best and most legendary player (Babe Ruth) to the Yankees for…cash.

In that 2004 series, the Yankees had the Red Sox right where they wanted them. They were up 3-0, in a best of 7 series. They needed just one more win. They had the lead in game 4 and had arguably the most dominant closer in baseball's history closing the game for them. The Red Sox ended up tying the game in the 9th inning, and won it in extra-innings. They then won the remaining 3 games to win the series. This is considered by most people here to be the biggest choke-job in American sports history.