Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Transfer window.Sacked managers

  1. #1
    International Debutant andmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Taking 39 steps
    Posts
    2,768

    Transfer window.Sacked managers

    In football teams sack managers when the transfer window is closed.Should managers be counted as players and can only get sacked when the transfer window is open.
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

    Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    No is the easy answer for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  3. #3
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,940
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure players can be sacked outside the window. I suppose there could be a case for a team not being able to take on another's manager outside the window tho.

    I'm not actually a fan of the windows tho, I used to enjoy all the speculation up to the deadline day throughout the season. Gave footy fans much needed hope!
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

  4. #4
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure players can be sacked outside the window. I suppose there could be a case for a team not being able to take on another's manager outside the window tho.

    I'm not actually a fan of the windows tho, I used to enjoy all the speculation up to the deadline day throughout the season. Gave footy fans much needed hope!
    Yeah, personally I hate the windows. They inflate prices vastly and mean that teams end up settling for players they don't want, just because they're rushed into buying. Brings down the quality of the Premiership IMO.


  5. #5
    International Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,284
    I can see the merit in the top league of each country, where clubs aren't so cash-strapped - it promotes giving youth players games after injuries.

    The fact that it extends to the lower leagues too is ludicrous, IMO. If they have a promising player, they sell him to a Premiership (or equivalent) club, and that is how they stay alive. They can't do that atm.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

    Manchester United FC: 20 Times

    R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

  6. #6
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,839
    Free Transfers happen outside the windows all the time anyway. No difference.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  7. #7
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jason Koumas is having a party
    Posts
    48,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Yeah, personally I hate the windows. They inflate prices vastly and mean that teams end up settling for players they don't want, just because they're rushed into buying. Brings down the quality of the Premiership IMO.
    eff the Premiership, the main impact has been on lower league. If they hadn't left us a limited loan market window, we'd all be up the creek most of the season. The transfer window is a joke - I'm with Brumby, it was better when it all built up to March's deadline day.

    Mind you Matt, what you say is undoubtedly true.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

    SWA

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,075
    I actually think its an interesting idea.

    Obviously you can sack a guy at anytime, but what about tapping up another manager and paying compensation. Should that only happen in the window.

    Say Liverpool sack Benitez and want O'Neill in early March. Should they be able to sign him? or only do it in a transfer window?
    Last edited by Goughy; 04-02-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  9. #9
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,104
    Players can be sack'd outside the transfer window.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

    -Tolstoy

  10. #10
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    eff the Premiership, the main impact has been on lower league. If they hadn't left us a limited loan market window, we'd all be up the creek most of the season. The transfer window is a joke - I'm with Brumby, it was better when it all built up to March's deadline day.

    Mind you Matt, what you say is undoubtedly true.
    I'm sure if we were still in the lower leagues I'd feel the same way. The way we got in all sorts of randoms (Scott Wilson, anyone?) at times used to really annoy me, when we could have done a lot better.

  11. #11
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Mansfield end up literally about every 2 seasons changing their entire squad. People go out on freebies, and we pick people up on freebies, no transfer money involved ever.

  12. #12
    International Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Free Transfers happen outside the windows all the time anyway. No difference.
    Smaller clubs don't make money from free transfers though...

  13. #13
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I'm sure if we were still in the lower leagues I'd feel the same way. The way we got in all sorts of randoms (Scott Wilson, anyone?) at times used to really annoy me, when we could have done a lot better.
    Who the hell is Scott Wilson? Some player I'm supposed to know but don't?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  14. #14
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Who the hell is Scott Wilson? Some player I'm supposed to know but don't?
    Haha, nope. He's just an example of one of the random, unheard-of players we signed in the transfer window when we were a lower division side, as we panicked amid an injury crisis. He was terrible.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Attn: Team Captains
    By Blewy in forum Cricket Web Premiership
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 08:47 AM
  2. Board Meeting - All Managers Read
    By Simon in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17-07-2006, 12:22 AM
  3. WCC Managers Announced!!
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 13-02-2006, 08:45 PM
  4. Assistance from Managers
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 06:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •