• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Snooker Thread

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got that last frame though which was crucial, at 9-7 he has still got a good chance. If Higgins plays his best then obviously not but he still looked pretty out of sorts this afternoon.

fredfertang

I don't think this morning's denouement in the Davis/Higgins match is on BBC2 other than digitally - possibly just as well as otherwise the viewing figures will probably be three or four times what the final gets

Scaly piscine

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

HeathDavisSpeed

Steve Davis! What a legend. Knocks out the monochrome Higgins. 13 - 11. Who said over 50s can't play professional sport?

Dydl

International Debutant
Just watching a bit of O'Sullivan vs Williams, and was thinking how uncomfortable it would be for the players, having to sit down right next to each other. I don't think I've seen that before, but I'm not able to watch much snooker anyway, so I might've just missed it...

Scaly piscine

Just watching a bit of O'Sullivan vs Williams, and was thinking how uncomfortable it would be for the players, having to sit down right next to each other. I don't think I've seen that before, but I'm not able to watch much snooker anyway, so I might've just missed it...
Players generally sit together in tournaments. When they get down to a single table then they'll sit separately.

social

Aussie Robertson making a comeback against Gould. Individual frame scores seem a bit screwed up.
Really disappointed with the press coverage

Robertson has a realistic chance of being the first Aussie finalist in years and yet there is ZERO coverage in the OZ papers I've seen plus The Times is only interested in discussing whether the grossly overrated O'Sullivan will retire for the 32nd time

And they wonder why the sport is struggling for mainstram acceptance

Pothas

Looks almost certain that he will make it.

Oh and Ronnie is not grossly overated but never mind.

Dydl

International Debutant
Really disappointed with the press coverage

Robertson has a realistic chance of being the first Aussie finalist in years and yet there is ZERO coverage in the OZ papers I've seen
Actually, I have seen a couple of articles in the Sydney Morning Herald about Robertson, so there is some coverage out there, but not nearly as much as I would have hoped.

social

Looks almost certain that he will make it.

Oh and Ronnie is not grossly overated but never mind.
There have been a number of articles in the past couple of years ago declaring him the Tiger Woods of golf

IMO, he has more in common with Greg Norman

Scaly piscine

Shame Robertson had to resort to gamesmanship against Gould mind. Hoping Selby makes a comeback against Dott.

social