• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Snooker Thread

Molehill

International Captain
Thanks for this.

I was thinking of putting £300 on Wilson. In the end only threw a ton away.

Has anyone ever lost 13-0 at the Crucible? :laugh:
It's amazing how the old timers always seem to do well at Sheffield. I'd never back anyone if their next opponent was Higgins. The draw has totally opened up for Ronnie now, he's got a free kick into the Final virtually. Meanwhile, in the other half I can imagine Selby/Higgins/Allen draining the **** out of each other and probably leaving whoever makes the Final as cannon fodder for Ronnie.

I maybe wrong, but it looks rather predictable from here on in....

Molehill

International Captain
Don't think any of us saw that coming, Brecel winning 7 on the trot to knock out Ronnie. Not sure what quite happened there....

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
A few of those pots were balls of steel (eg the red along the top cushion at the start of his clearance in frame 33), and he's potted incredible balls all tournament.

But what amazed me tonight was the length of his cue ball the last few frames. Baulk cushion time and time and time again.

Molehill

International Captain
The form book would suggest Selby beating Brecel in the Final, but this is one of those odd tournaments. Having said that, Selby is looking so strong now, hasn't played too much snooker and knows how to get these done. He could be about to become a 5 time Champion which is pretty astonishing really.

Ali TT

International Debutant
The form book would suggest Selby beating Brecel in the Final, but this is one of those odd tournaments. Having said that, Selby is looking so strong now, hasn't played too much snooker and knows how to get these done. He could be about to become a 5 time Champion which is pretty astonishing really.
A remarkable return to form but not that remarkable if he won a fifth title. He's been the dominant player of the party 15 years.

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Nothing in sport's guaranteed, but Selby is odds on to win the tournament and's playing like a club player. Allen no better. They're due to finish at this rate at about 3am tonight with the final starting tomorrow.

Si's 3/1 and Brecel 8/1. Both playing some of the best snooker ever seen at the Crucible.

If I didn't know the perils of gambling, I'd be tempted to put everything I've got on Si and Brecel to win outright.

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Yeah. Got a cheeky score on Si at 25s anyway (to potentially make up for the £100 I put on Kyren before he played Higgins).