• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2007 NRL Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pretty amazing it took them this long. It's good that its finally all been agreed to but you almost sense an anti climax happening, Turner being dropped for playing poorly, a season ending injury in round1, you'd hope not but this cant be the end of the saga!

Simon

well i reckon it's gonna be a long hard season for me being a Sharks fan and all
i wouldnt even bother thinking about a maiden premiership, i have a feeling it may come under ricky stuart, but definitley not in 2007.

Craig

World Traveller
Out of interest how good is Russell Atikin? He was signed as Scott Hill's replacement and when young Jackson Nicaleau (sp?) left for the Cowboys. Nicaleau looks a decent player already, think he will have a fine future.

The backline could look like:

1- Slater
2- Geyer
3- Inglis
4- King
5- Quinn/Turner
6- Atikin
7- Cronk

Big season for Cronk IMO to prove he is not a one season pony. He got away with being under the radar for a lot of last season, but still stepped up, but as always a player who has a big 1st season always need a strong second one.

Last edited:

Simon

Out of interest how good is Russell Atikin? He was signed as Scott Hill's replacement and when young Jackson Nicaleau (sp?) left for the Cowboys. Nicaleau looks a decent player already, think he will have a fine future.

The backline could look like:

1- Slater
2- Geyer
3- Inglis
4- King
5- Quinn/Turner
6- Atikin
7- Cronk

Big season for Cronk IMO to prove he is not a one season pony. He got away with being under the radar for a lot of last season, but still stepped up, but as always a player who has a big 1st season always need a strong second one.
Aitken has had a few chances at the Sharks and didnt look that great, Greg Inglis will be your 5/8 imo. Theres also another young bloke the Storm have called James Aubussen, there were a lot of wraps on him at the start of 2006 and a lot of people thought he'd probably get a chance in the halves at some stage but Cronk obviously did so well they didnt use him, im not sure if hes still at the Storm but if he is i think he could perhaps be one to watch...

Simon

Turner and Quinn will be in the side im sure, perhaps Turner will play centre or maybe Geyer to 5/8. I dont think Melbourne would fight this hard to keep Turner just to have him as a fringe player and Quinn to my knowledge has been pretty much guaranteed a starting spot.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My main interest for the season is seeing how the Titans go. A lot of people are writing them off, but I think they will have a good season and may even slip into the 8.

Again, I think the Broncos will be tough to beat. They've only lost one big name player in Webke, otherwise the squad is pretty much the same as last year. The interesting selection debate for Bennett will be who plays hooker with Ennis back in the side.

Simon

My main interest for the season is seeing how the Titans go. A lot of people are writing them off, but I think they will have a good season and may even slip into the 8.

Again, I think the Broncos will be tough to beat. They've only lost one big name player in Webke, otherwise the squad is pretty much the same as last year. The interesting selection debate for Bennett will be who plays hooker with Ennis back in the side.
Ennis should have to earn his spot back in the starting line up, I think an interchange between he and Berrigan could work very well...

Simon

im shocked Carney retired, but reading his reasons just now i think its fair enough...

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
i wouldnt even bother thinking about a maiden premiership, i have a feeling it may come under ricky stuart, but definitley not in 2007.
i never said they'll win the premiership i just hope they do better than last season it would also be interesting to see who they have signed in the offseason if anyone

Simon

i never said they'll win the premiership i just hope they do better than last season it would also be interesting to see who they have signed in the offseason if anyone
Not many players, i know you've got Seymour from Brisbane...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Should be interesting to see how Manly go this season. Losing BK, gaining Jamie Lyon and not many others changes, apart from losing half our reserve grade. Any other clubs have mass walk out of reggies after the Under 20 comp got confirmed for next season.