• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2007 NRL Thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Monaghan actually just wants to play halfback, Brisbane can offer that to him, theres 4 players we are apparently chasing, they being PJ Marsh, Josh Lewis, Craig Wing and Michael Monaghan
Yeah he says he wants to play halfback, but there are a few other clubs who are also chasing his signature, but his seems only interested in a big money move to England. Mind you could be more to do with the fact that those English clubs are the only ones that have put down offers and Australian clubs are still considering him as options, with no offer as yet.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can't see how poaching works. Do players at junior level not make a commitment to the club they're playing for?
A lot of players these days only make commitment for a couple seasons. Especially the ones that had moved from interstate or from NZ. Some players only get one season trials/contracts. Its a bit different for local juniors though, they usually get signed long term, as the are developed through all the age groups.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Losing home grown youngsters who turn out to be world-class is obviously a downer for the teams who invest in the development of youth players, but there's no denying the cap makes for an even-ish comp. Can't have it both ways it seems.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Also you guys reckon Jarrad Mullen is ready for State of Orgin, he outplayed Orford and Kimmorley over the weekend and Gower injuried again. I reckon his ready probably in the best form out of those four, but with Anasta at 5/8, i rather go with the safety first option of Kimmorley. Personally i don't think any of them are good enough to win you a game, but i think Mullen might lose you a game due to his inexperience. 20 yo is pretty young to throw a guy into State of Orgin, especially a side that isn't settled. His only really in his first full season of first grade football.

Craig

World Traveller
Well according to Garry Jack, Karmichael Hunt hasn't been playing well enough to justify a spot at fullback and he is Queensland 3rd best fullback behind Slater and Bowen. While Steve Renouf is on the opinion that Inglis should be booted from 5/8 and back into the centres (I guess Matt Geyer would go there).

Fiery

Banned
Also you guys reckon Jarrad Mullen is ready for State of Orgin, he outplayed Orford and Kimmorley over the weekend and Gower injuried again. I reckon his ready probably in the best form out of those four, but with Anasta at 5/8, i rather go with the safety first option of Kimmorley. Personally i don't think any of them are good enough to win you a game, but i think Mullen might lose you a game due to his inexperience. 20 yo is pretty young to throw a guy into State of Orgin, especially a side that isn't settled. His only really in his first full season of first grade football.
Probably a bit pedantic and English probably not your 1st language but his is different to he's.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Probably a bit pedantic and English probably not your 1st language but his is different to he's.
Only pay attention to those little things when im writing assignments and stuff. Don't really pay a great deal of attention to my spelling and grammer most of time when i post on forums. Probably should really but i cbf.

Fiery

Banned
Only pay attention to those little things when im writing assignments and stuff. Don't really pay a great deal of attention to my spelling and grammer most of time when i post on forums. Probably should really but i cbf.
Yeah but that one's quite a major

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well according to Garry Jack, Karmichael Hunt hasn't been playing well enough to justify a spot at fullback and he is Queensland 3rd best fullback behind Slater and Bowen. While Steve Renouf is on the opinion that Inglis should be booted from 5/8 and back into the centres (I guess Matt Geyer would go there).
Hunt will be qld #1, no doubt, Inglis should be playing centres for melbourne too...

I dont really care who nsw pick at halfback, Mullen isnt ready and the others arent that good atm, so good luck to whoever is picked...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
afaic if NSW doesn't play Michael Monaghan at Half they're crazy. Give Mullen another year or 2, playing him now could possibly set him back imo, especially if NSW get hammered. I'd play Monaghan & Gidley in the halves, bring Farah onto the bench if he's not already.

Mister Wright

This would be my QLD Origin side:

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Hodges
4. Bell
5. Inglis
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civonieciva
11. Carroll
12. Crocker
13. Johnson
14. Berrigan
15. Webb
16. Tronc
17. Harrison
18. Prince

Johnners

This would be my QLD Origin side:

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Hodges
4. Bell
5. Inglis
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civonieciva
11. Carroll
12. Crocker
13. Johnson
14. Berrigan
15. Webb
16. Tronc
17. Harrison
18. Prince
Tate will be in there apparently. Pretty sure i saw some article in the sunday mail today saying "selectors say tate is a cert"

Simon

needs more Costigan, dunno where you got Ash Harrison from, obviously you just ran out of names...

Simon

hes been playing like a busted so and so since late 2005, we have plenty of good forwards who could do a better job than him this year...