• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2007 NRL Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Disappointing to see Carney call it a day, still thought he had a lot of Rugby in him. Interesting that he's asked the Titans to retain his reg just in case he's tempted when he gets back over here. It does make me think he's possibly still in two minds about it.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh thats just great we're doomed now first Sturat now Seymour im going to be in hiding for the next 8months
Stuart is a good coach, Raper was absolutely dire and not an NRL standard coach, Seymour is a fine player when hes playing 5/8. Brisbane had him playing as a first reciever and thats not his natural game, i think he'll do well playing outside Kimmorley...

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Covell is a good player he made Country the other year and why would they play Seymour at5/8 wn they have Dykes...they do have Dykes dont they?

Simon

Covell is a good player he made Country the other year and why would they play Seymour at5/8 wn they have Dykes...they do have Dykes dont they?
yeh they have Dykes but hes on the outer, he'll more than likely be used off the bench. Seymours biggest opposition for the 6 is Brett Kearney...
Covell is terrible, not only is he the slowest winger in the NRL but he just costs sharks so many tries. His positioning is generally terrible and you couldnt count on ur hands and feet the ammount of times a mistake of his lead to a try for the opposition last season.
The rep teams he made was a myth based on his goalkicking which is quite good, but boy he can miss a sitter...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go the Warriors. This year they will through out the inconsistencies and crush every team that comes across them. Actually I don't care too much how they go since Stacey Jones isn't there any more, but if they do well then it will be one less embarassment competing in Australian tournaments.

Craig

World Traveller
With Turner and Carney gone, the Titans will target Lote Tuqiri should he want to return to League.

One question I do have, what has happened with Josh Hannay?

Simon

outside back, they can all move around, i guess given the fact sharks have lost Vagana and Albert they probably wont be left with any choice but to play Covell...

Craig

World Traveller
Anyway Billy Slater re-signed the other day, and Isaac and Smith Samau both been traded. Also what do people think of, golden try or golden point?

If it were golden try it would nearly look like a game of touch footy.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
How about we just settle for draws, and use golden point in finals. Golden try is just stupid.

luffy

International Captain
Feeling pretty excited about having Simon Woolford, gun player.
Are you being serious?? I don't like him but the Raiders could of really done with him this year. This is the first year i have not been optimistic about the coming year for the raiders. We have the youngest squad with i think only 3 players with only more than 100 matches experience under their belts. It will be good in the long run but not in the next 1-3 years, any win will be a bonus. When we have players like Todd Carney, Terry Campese, Michael Dobson in the Junior ranks who will all play first grade this year and if we could just hold onto them for at least 5 years we would be in good hands. Another worry to me is the Leadership Group we have in place. hen you think of good leaders i'm not sure how Lincoln Withers and Troy Thompson will handle the responsibility. Alan Tongue will talk it in his stride hopefully, he's one of he nicest guy's i've met let alone in the competition.

To me i think Melbourne Storm will win this year and Brisbane will come close. I'm not sure why but i think Broncos will be just a little bit weaker without Webcke in their side. Melbourne Storm have lost a couple of good players but i think they have depth in their young guns, eg; Billy Slater and Matt Inglis plus more, who can cover for them if needed.

This is just a hunch but i think Newcastle can be a force this year, i have no reason to think that just that there younger player's eg Matt Gidley will stand up and get noticed. It will all depend on if Johns can play for at least 3 quaters of the Knight matches.

Everyone has been saying Gold Coast will be a big force this year but tbh i can't see it happening. While they have several good players eg Luke Bailey and Preston Campbell, a couple of injuries could see them fail pretty miserably as they don't have the depth in there Junior ranks.

I can't wait to see how South Sydney will go this year though. They have brought several players and have been training really hard during the pre season, and it may see them sneak into the finals, which would be good too see. I remember when Joe Williams came home(Wagga) for Christmas he was training really hard, and was really upbeat about the Rabbitohs chances this year.

I'm not sure about Golden Point/Try whatever yet. After seeing the Raiders win i think it was 3 or 4 games last year under golden point i wouldn't mind it being around but now the debate has came up about Golden Try i would prefer it as it is guarrenteed with Golden Point that a field goal would be the first choice and the defending team doesn't have a large chance when the Attacking team are in 40 m's of the goals. I wouldn't mind it either if there was no golden anything as draw's are ok as both team's get one point, which they both deserve as they both played good football(or bad football).

Last edited: