• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2007 Cricketweb Fantasy Tennis Competition

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ivan Ljubicic out first round, really off to a flier 8-) Doesnt' help that he lost to Fish, someone I rate highly and tried to but was unable to squeeze in my fantasy team. Damn it.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ivan Ljubicic out first round, really off to a flier 8-) Doesnt' help that he lost to Fish, someone I rate highly and tried to but was unable to squeeze in my fantasy team. Damn it.
ive only got 1 player in my team in the top half of the draw and thats federer, i think about 6 players are all next to each other in the very bottom of the draw...

Simon

Now that the open is (almost) over you can now make changes to your team.

The options are:
* Make up to three free changes in the 7 days after a grand slam. If you make your change in the next 24 hours they will score points in this weeks' coming tournaments.

* You can also make an additional change for the month of January if made before Wednesday midnight. This means you can make up to four free changes before Wednesday.

*Changes made after 9pm AEDST Monday will not take effect until the following week.

When making your changes please clearly note which players are out and which are in, also please note the new value of your team. Remember its important to stay within the rules of having a certain number of players from each group and to stay under the salary cap.

Any queries let me know.

Edit:
The following players have been added to the list this week
Player Group Value
Gustarvo Kuerten Bronze $1,650,000
Taylor Dent Bronze $2,000,000
Victor Hanescu Plate $850,000
Teimuraz Gabashvili Plate $800,000

Last edited:

Simon

PSV Eindhoven Team Changes

Out:
Joachim Johansson $2.95
Gael Monfils $1.85
Tomas Berdych $3.65
Chris Guccione $0.875

In:
Juan Del Potro $1.2
Novak Djokovic $3.1
Juan Carlos Ferrero $3.875
Potito Starace $1

New Team Value: $34,800,000

Last edited:

Simon

Here's all the stats you need to know after the Australian Open.

Code:
Dydl	                $3,025,000
Matteh	                $2,910,000
Oz Fan	                $2,885,000
Broncoman               $2,655,000
Ash Chaulk              $2,650,000
Clapo	                $2,565,000
Dark Hunter	        $2,550,000
Pup Clarke	        $2,495,000
Samuel Vimes            $2,345,000
Luffy	                $2,085,000
Jono	                $1,920,000
Dydl takes an early lead mainly due to having Robredo and Fish who made the quarters. Jono is unluckily at the bottom because of the first round exit of Ivan Ljubicic. Everyone has Roger Federer in their team and no one had Fernando Gonzalez so the final had little bearing on the overall standings.

There are three tournament's this week, most of the top players in the rankings arent in action so its a chance of the players in the bronze and plate groups to get some serious points, you can follow all the tournaments actions at www.atptennis.com

Attachments

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, pitiful performance by the Golden Boys so far :(

Time for them to lift! Here are my 4 changes (3 for the week after a Grand Slam, and my 1 change for January (is there a change for Jan allowed?))

Out:

Tomas Berdych $3,650,000 (Silver)
Juan Ignacio Chela $2,550,000 (Bronze)
Igor Andreev $1,675,000 (Bronze)
Christophe Rochus $1,600,000 (Bronze)

In:

Novak Djokovic $3,100,000 (Silver)
Mikhail Youzhny $2,300,000 (Bronze)
Florian Mayer $1,900,000 (Bronze)
Vince Spadea $1,750,000 (Bronze)

NEW SALARY CAP TOTAL: $34.550,000

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Out:
Rafael Nadal 4,900,000
Dmitry Tursunov 3,000,000
Wesley Moodie 800,000
Ivo Karlovic 1,575,000

In:
James Blake 4,300,000
Novak Djokovic 3,100,000
Gilles Muller 800,000
Florian Mayer 1,900,000

New Team Total:34,750,000

Dydl

International Debutant
Can't be bothered changing my team, took too much effort last time.

Pleased to be leading, not sure how long it'll last for though.

At least I can say I had the best Aus Open Fantasy Tennis team.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
January's free change (five minutes till the deadline :p )

Out:
P Kohlschreiber ($1.45m)

In:
T Gabashvili ($0.8m)

Shame there's no Querrey...

Simon

January's free change (five minutes till the deadline :p )

Out:
P Kohlschreiber ($1.45m)

In:
T Gabashvili ($0.8m)

Shame there's no Querrey...
Querrey will be added next week, his ranking will be high enough to get direct entry into a lot of tournaments this year.

Also this change wont take effect until the next tournament week which begins on February 15th.

Simon

The Blake v Malisse final at delray beach has been held over to Monday so results wont be out till this time tomorrow...

Simon

A fair few changes to the leaderboard this week, the biggest mover was Hakon who has moved into 2nd thanks to Massu, Baghdatis and Blake in particular. Biggest drop was me, i now sit 8th after being in the top four last week.

There are no tournaments this week due to Davis Cup, but play will return the following week, also everyone still has their free change for the month of Februar available, if you want to swap a player, do it in this thread but please remember to stay within the rule of the game.

Code:
Dydl            $3,300,000
Samuel Vimes	$3,255,000
Matteh	        $3,045,000
Clapo           $3,025,000
Oz Fan          $2,975,000
Pup Clarke	$2,895,000
Ash Chaulk	$2,870,000
Broncoman	$2,795,000
Dark Hunter	$2,675,000
Jono	         $2,615,000
Luffy	         $2,580,000

Attachments

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Might as well make the February change, then.

Out K Kim
In S Querrey

Should be under the limit since Gabashvili is cheaper than the coalwriter.