• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personalities we love to hate.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
David Campese was a cartoon Pommie-basher from the old school. One could also say the same of any number of Australian cricketers too: Hughes, Marsh, Thomson, McGrath...

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Lleyton Hewitt is the first one that springs to mind. There was recently a poll on this I think and Hewitt came in at #4 behind Fabio Grosso.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
David Campese was a cartoon Pommie-basher from the old school. One could also say the same of any number of Australian cricketers too: Hughes, Marsh, Thomson, McGrath...
Gotta agree with Campese, the blokes a total wanker. McGrath, Hughes, Warne, Lawry, Bradman etc.

pasag

RTDAS
Darren Milburn

Don't really hate many tbh. Sports just doesn't bring out the worst in me, like other things do.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
NFL - Terrel Owens
NBA - Vince Carter
MLB - Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez
NHL - Dominik Hasek

Cricket - Afridi, Akhtar

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, just having a dig at the large amount of members who love to have a word with Rodgie. :)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Paul Cooke
Terry Newton
Shoaib Akhtar
Shahid Afridi
Jamie Carragher
Gareth Hock
Terry Newton
Paul Cooke

Dravid

International Captain
Turbinator said:
NFL - Terrel Owens
NBA - Vince Carter
MLB - Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez
NHL - Dominik Hasek

Cricket - Afridi, Akhtar
Why VC? Just because he turned his back on the Raptors?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lleyton Hewitt if we're mentioning successful sports personalities that we despise.

If just any, than Brad Williams takes the cake for me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I always took "love to hate" to mean something different, meaning those sportspersons who have a pantomime relationship with opposition fans or players. I certainly don't despise Campo or McGrath, almost have a grudging respect for the way they churn out the same tired old Pommie-bashing cliches every time we play Oz in Union or cricket.

I certainly have a higher opinion of them than, say, Fat Gray Smith, who I just think is a world-class head-of-the-dick.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
I always took "love to hate" to mean something different, meaning those sportspersons who have a pantomime relationship with opposition fans or players.
Nah. No such thing as love to hate. There's just hate imo.