• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heard NFL is coming to Toronto!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone got anything on this? If this is true then BRAAAAP! But don't know if it is or not...

Expecting Dravid to know something about this...

Edit: Let me clarify, I mean I heard Toronto is going to be an NFL team.

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
wtf is BRAP? its shameful

NFL probowl not going to hawaii for a year after the next one. May goto either AUSTRALIA, ENGLAND or CHINA.

wishing for australia but doubt it will. i think are are trying for new wembley stadium.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
ash chaulk said:
wtf is BRAP? its shameful

NFL probowl not going to hawaii for a year after the next one. May goto either AUSTRALIA, ENGLAND or CHINA.

wishing for australia but doubt it will. i think are are trying for new wembley stadium.
Why?

Anyways, I am not sure if that answers my question.

ash chaulk

International Captain
well say it out loud sounds dull.

answer to your question is: I dunno, l=more than likely it will be a preseason game. I doubt Toronto will do what Mexico did and pulled the biggest crowd ever for a NFL fixture 102 000people

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
ash chaulk said:
well say it out loud sounds dull.

answer to your question is: I dunno, l=more than likely it will be a preseason game. I doubt Toronto will do what Mexico did and pulled the biggest crowd ever for a NFL fixture 102 000people
It probably won't do what Mexico did, but it certainly will generate lots of interest. Football, although less than Ice Hockey and Basketball, is loved by a lot of Torontonians. Look at the attendance for CFL games, and that's CFL, imagine if NFL came to Toronto.

O wait I think you misunderstood my question. I don't mean "Is an NFL game gonna take place in Toronto"... I mean to say "Is the NFL coming to Toronto as in I heard Toronto is going to be a future NFL team".

ash chaulk

International Captain
hahaha a toronto franchise? I heard the next one was going to be Los Angeles (again).

but you could always relocate to toronto in madden.

Dravid

International Captain
It's not going to happen dude. Sorry to say, but the NFL will think about LA before Toronto.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Doesn't Canada have its own football league.

I remember watching Seinfeld and Jerry was talking about selling his Superbowl tickets, but Kramer wouldn't buy them because he only watches Canadian football. :lol:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea :laugh: very wierd rules...tbh it sucks. It's filled with all the rejects from the NFL.

But see, the NFL is not limited to USA, it can include Canada too... just like the NBA, NHL, MLB.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid said:
It's Canada
You call us wierd :laugh: ... we're not the ones who prefer watching a bunch of cars with advertisements for McDonalds on them race around a track instead of some fast paced Ice Hockey. :p

ash chaulk

International Captain
Turbinator said:
You call us wierd :laugh: ... we're not the ones who prefer watching a bunch of cars with advertisements for McDonalds on them race around a track instead of some fast paced Ice Hockey. :p
motor sport and ice hockey both are boring IMO.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
this has been romoured for along time, Toronto is the 3th largest financial market in N america

nfl should do really well here, aloot of people follow the nfl here

i think they worried bout taxes tohugh

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Turbinator said:
Yea :laugh: very wierd rules...tbh it sucks. It's filled with all the rejects from the NFL.

But see, the NFL is not limited to USA, it can include Canada too... just like the NBA, NHL, MLB.
Wierd name though - national implies within one country.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Jungle Jumbo said:
Wierd name though - national implies within one country.
USA, Canada, same thing....the only major thing that seperates us is the border.....other than that you can call USA - Canada's more violent and abusive twin brother! :laugh:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
mohammad16 said:
this has been romoured for along time, Toronto is the 3th largest financial market in N america

nfl should do really well here, aloot of people follow the nfl here

i think they worried bout taxes tohugh
Certainly....Also, we're the fifth largest city in North America... but then again the CFL will completely go out of business if the NFL does decide to come to Toronto. All of Canada will be rooting for us!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Turbinator said:
USA, Canada, same thing....the only major thing that seperates us is the border.....other than that you can call USA - Canada's more violent and abusive twin brother! :laugh:
I think the South Park creators sum it up better.

Craig

World Traveller
Turbinator said:
Unlike Canada who has never had a girlfriend. Just saying.

Dravid

International Captain
ash chaulk said:
motor sport and ice hockey both are boring IMO.
Indeed. Along with Baseball. NBA and NFL are the only two sports worth following from America.