• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Field Hockey

Chubb

International Regular
Belgium show their class with a 3-1 win over the Dutch. Unlike the Belgian football Golden Generation these guys have actually won a World Championship and I think they will take the gold medal this time.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Belgium show their class with a 3-1 win over the Dutch. Unlike the Belgian football Golden Generation these guys have actually won a World Championship and I think they will take the gold medal this time.
Maybe. Prognosticating about Olympic medals is a fools errand IMO.

Chubb

International Regular
Hockeyroos start to put their toxic cultural issues behind them with a 3-1 win over Spain.

Chubb

International Regular
Toxic cultural issues?

The third umpiring was woeful that game. But Australia were a class ahead.

The coach was sacked a couple months out from the tournament.

Chubb

International Regular
I used to play as inside right. After 4 years of being a fullback in soccer, it was a welcome relief to be allowed near the goal.
I play left or right wing. My job is to hang around by the post and tap the ball home, then celebrate like I did all the work!

All depends on the service. Some years I've managed 20+ goals, others only 4 or 5.

Stay the hell away from defending because I'll concede PCs and get carded for clumsy challenges every game.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Another good win for Belgium today. Looked even better than against NL to my amateur eyes, even if they let possession go a little too cheaply often in Q4

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The kookaburras looking unstoppable at the moment. Watch them stuff up in the semis.

Chubb

International Regular
NZ unconvincing against Japan. 2-2 draw that could have gone either way, including a missed penalty stroke from NZ.

The private schoolboys lost heavily to Germany. Hard luck old beans.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Monster goal. I've been enjoying the high sticking (I know why it exists but) cos the refs don't tend to allow that in Euro league games

Chubb

International Regular
Monster goal. I've been enjoying the high sticking (I know why it exists but) cos the refs don't tend to allow that in Euro league games
In the lower grade club games I play that wouldn’t be allowed, they give more latitude at the higher levels.

Was always in favour of allowing more physical contact, high sticks and robust tackles, until I got concussion early this season.

Meridio

International Regular
If there were players within swinging range you probably wouldn't see it allowed here either, any defenders near that and there's every chance of a stick to the face

srbhkshk

International Captain
I wouldn't take the game against the kookaburras as meaning anything much other than running into a red hot side.
It's a trend for India when they play Australia in a high profile event, remember us losing with a very similar score in the commonwealth games too. We do okay against other teams, but Australia is quite the bogey team for us.