• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite Moment Playing Sport

Chubb

International Regular
Going back to play a friendly for a club who told me I wasn't good enough and scoring a fifty for them.

Coming in to bat for Upottery Is at 180-7 chasing 212 with four overs left and winning the match on the last ball.

Dravid

International Captain
Playing street ball with Al Harrington last year over the summer. I was over my friends place in Jersey, and he is from the same area as Al Harrington. Al Harrington was down there for a week during the summer and he came to the court to play ball the same day as me. Damn that was so much fun.

Also when I was eight I played Cricket with the Indian team(including Sachin) because my cousins really close friend, Bunto Singh, is really really close to a lot of players on the team and when they were in Delhi he took me to my old club ground to play Cricket with them. I hardly remember it though because I was eight then.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
My first socey game when I was 8. It was the team's first game and we were so unprepared that just about 5 minutes before kick off the bloke who was coaching us asked "right. Who wants to go in net?" Everyone looked round trying to avoid eye contact with him, so I just said I'll do it. Saved two penalties and felt dead good about myself.

We lost 11-0 iirc.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I suck...

My first half century (65* off 78)
Fluke goal playing Aussie Rules (snap back around the body from an impossible angle with pressure being put on by the opposition)
Winning a cricket premiership on the back of some guy taking a hat-trick on the last three balls of the match.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Put me on the spot here, hmmm.
Probably our cricket team coming from 2nd last with about 4 games to go, scraping in at 4th then beating 1st in the semi-final where I took the winning wicket with them needing about 3 or 4 to win. We lost the grand final though, tbh.

Cloete

International Captain
A few. But the one sticks out is from under 10's. I was playing rep football for like the town and I was 9 years old. Anyway there was a carnival on and these carnivals were held once every month or two which involved alot of rep teams playing each other. Anyway I was a striker for our team and we breezed through the preliminaries and I scored a fair few goals, including a hattrick. Anyway we got to the final against the town closest to us and we were 1-0 down with 5 minutes left. I dribbled a couple of people and slotted home. Game went to golden goal and in the 2nd half of golden goal extra time I pounced on a loose ball and slotted it into the top corner. So we won the carnival, I got best player and top scorer and I also won this raffle for a Plymouth Argyle kit (the most random prize ever, because at the time they were div 3). Anyway yeah, was a pretty good day.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
Some of mine would be

Winning 5 straight junior cricket premierships
Winning 4 out of 6 straight afl premierships
Going back-to-back-to-back for school AFL in one of the hardest and most fiercely contested school sports league.
Scoring my first ton 134*
Taking 7/17 off 8 overs
Representing Victoria in cricket and athletics.

So a few there I'm happy with.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Plymouth have been doing that to everyone else instead this year... some guy took a 10-fer in one the divisions.

For me...
1) Being in the middle when my Exeter CC six-a-side team (average age 14) chased down 69 off five overs this summer.
2) Xpression FM FC winning the Third Division of the Intramural League

And there are individual saves and double-saves goalkeeping that rank pretty highly on retrospect.
Yeah I see they're going well...Dave Burke and the Aussie import were there when I played. There's probably 1/2 the team the same but some of the new names seemed to be going pretty good. I found the better teams easier to bowl to there than the guys that just swung across the line (*cough* Exeter St James *cough*:laugh: ) cause there's no bounce.

andmark

International Captain
I was ninth batter and I stayed into see an opener get a 50.And end he stayed in to get 96 while got 1.I must of stayed in for 20 overs N.O.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Some more:

Becoming one of the most successful easts junoir clubs [Though I really have no idea]. Won the comp 4 times i think.

Taking 5/15 in one of those finals

Playing a magnificant straight drive for Emerging blues. Will probably remain my most favourite shot ever.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Funnily enough, what I remember best are always the moments of frustration and/or heartbreak, but in terms of favorite moments, I guess two come to mind.

Firstly, playing for my school XI, I came in at number 10, and was accompanied at the wicket by our number 11 who was a six-foot plus beanpole and couldn't bat for peanuts. We had five overs and obviously only one wicket in hand to get 30-odd runs. I hit two fours and two sixes, and after the change of ends he was clean bowled. Doesn't sound that impressive, but the reason it was so great for me was that I'd been a fairly impotent medium pacer up to that point who was rarely given a bowl, and I'd been a very timid tailender with the bat, who opened the face of the bat far too often and didn't hit straight. That innings (for which I got a lot of praise and pats on the back) was the first time I realised I might actually be useful with the bat in my hand, though I'd always wanted to be a bowler.

After that was probably the three premierships I captained in junior comp squash, as my team moved up the grades from E res to B res (we ended up a pretty fair outfit, and we absolutely sucked when we started). Including my defeating of a massive guy we called the Thundercrack (because of the sound his hand made when he hit the wall with it after making a mistake - it also seemed to make the gallery above shake) to whom I'd lost in our last encounter.

PY

International Coach
Mine was probably repairing the damage after Neil's first and only attempt at opening the batting. :p

Other than that, couple of things spring to mind:

1) Taking 3/15 when I'd been written off as a bowler by all and sundry and dismissed a chap, who'd not been dismissed all season and had amassed 500 runs in 7 20-over a side games, with an unintentional off-cutter.

2) My last competitive game, took 3/12 including a hat-trick off the last three balls of the innings then hit 28 off 16 balls in a losing cause after being triggered by a mate of mine when I was miles in my crease. :laugh:

Won quite a few county rugby union trophies & scored few hattricks in big games but I was a winger so most of the credit goes to the people inside me who'd supply ball. We had couple of 3-Counties (Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Derbyshire) rugger players and a potential England number 8 in our side so the wingers had it good. :)

mohammad16

U19 Captain
we was playing streetball, and im a short guy at liek 5'6 this guy who was liek 6'4 went up for a hard layup, i have a high vertical leap so i jumped and basically muscle blocked the ball right back in teh ground

so he was liek forcing the ball up, i got my hand on top of it and forced it down, almost brought him down to the ground, everyone around the park went crazyyy the play stopped for liek 15 min

proabbly the best moemnt

but ive had alot of great moments especailly in cricket, i remember knocking out the offstump from the ground with a tennis ball!!!!

too many great moments, i jus live for them

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tomm NCCC said:
Lol, everyone has a great achievement, and all I can say is a spectacular own goal :laugh:
Well I'm in awe of that.

My best moment I guess would be my spell of 4-4 in 4 overs opening the bowling...made up for my effort a couple of weeks earlier where I bowled the first over of the match and at one stage had figures of 0.3-0-18-0. :laugh: I was relieved when the rain saved me with 0-27 against my name from 2 overs.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Baseball:

Final game... Last at bat in the semifinal game was a triple to win the game for my team.

Next at bat IN the final game hit a triple again. All the parents and my teammates were bursting with joy, after that the two at bats I had, all I heard was parents screaming my name to cheer me on. Went 3 for 3 that game. However, dropped a catch.

Mediocre season, but amazing playoffs!

Also took out the backcatcher in that final game, who always use to block the base running path.

They say everyone will get their ATLEAST 15 minutes of fame, that game was my 2 and half hours of fame!

Will never forget that day!

Steulen

International Regular
Some memories from 30 years of playing sports.

Coming second in my very first 1k cross-country run, age 6, after leading for 980m of it, to the amazement of the whole family. Still the proudest sports-related moment of my life.

Becoming a fairly good high-jumper, winning some regional champs, and also bagging the South Netherlands gold as opening runner in the U13 4x100m relay.

Finishing a number of 8 hour+ mountainbike cross-country marathon races in Germany.

Captaining the local pub's darts team into the first division (..and then to three straight relegations :) )