• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football World XI's - Eurpoe, South America, Africa

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
As strikers go, Aguero>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tevez>Santa Cruz IMO.
Have only seen Aguero once againts liverpool the other day, so i can't really judge him totally. But even if he is better the gap can't be all that big?

I put Santa Cruz in because i basically wanted an inform target man to lead the line. Since Crespo is past it & Adriano has been out of form for ages..

Also refuse to believe jankulovski's the best LB around. Still, did a better job than i could have.
The best is probably Zambrotta i'd say. But he is brillaint at RB too. So i chose Jankulovksi, Chivu was another option as well.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
As strikers go, Aguero>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tevez>Santa Cruz IMO. Also refuse to believe jankulovski's the best LB around. Still, did a better job than i could have.
DWTA, Tevez is woefully out of form atm, but people have forgotten remarkably quickly that he was far and away our best attacking player at the start of this season, plus of course he wasn't bad before either.

If push came to shove I'd have Aguero before Tevez, but the gap isn't massive.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
AFRICA: 4-3-3

--------------------------------------------------------EL HADARY------------------------------------

EBOUE---------------------------KTOURE-----------------YOBO------------------MENSAH

----------------------------------------------------------Y TOURE--------------------------------------

------------------------------ESSEIN------------------------------------DIARRA---------------------

ETO'O----------------------------------------DROGBA---------------------------------MARTINS

SUBS: Carlos Kameni, Chris Samba, Taye Taiwo, Geremi, Stephen Appiah, Sulley Muntari, Saloman Kalou, Emmanuel Adebayour.

Really Egypt's Mohhamad Aboutrika is way more qualified to make that midfield than Diarra. And just for the sake of bias I would have Auxerre's Denis Oliech on the bench. Also i am not sold on Obafemi Martins being the the most effective strikers available to start

Hence
AFRICA: 4-1-3-2

--------------------------------------------------------EL HADARY------------------------------------

EBOUE---------------------------KTOURE-----------------YOBO------------------MENSAH

----------------------------------------------------------Y TOURE--------------------------------------

---------------------MUNTARI-------------------ESSIEN-------------------ABOUTRIKA------

----------------------------------ETO'O-----------------------------DROGBA------------------------

SUBS: Carlos Kameni, Chris Samba, Taye Taiwo, Geremi, Stephen Appiah, Denis Oliech, Obafemi Martins, Emmanuel Adebayor, Stephen Pienaar.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Much better European XI:

----------------------------------------------------CASILLAS------------------------------------

-----RAMOS-----------------FERDINAND-----------------TERRY------------------EVRA-----

------------------------------------------------HARGREAVES------------------------------------------

---------------------RONALDO--------------ALONSO--------------SNEIJDER-----------------

--------------------------IBRAHIMOVIC-----------------VAN NISTELROOY-----------------

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Chivu is better than both of them.
Debatable at best. But one thing is for sure is that in Zambrotta, Jankulovksi & Chivu are the games most complete left-backs.

andruid said:
Really Egypt's Mohhamad Aboutrika is way more qualified to make that midfield than Diarra. And just for the sake of bias I would have Auxerre's Denis Oliech on the bench. Also i am not sold on Obafemi Martins being the the most effective strikers available to start

Hence
AFRICA: 4-1-3-2

---------------------MUNTARI-------------------ESSIEN-------------------ABOUTRIKA------

----------------------------------ETO'O-----------------------------DROGBA------------------------

SUBS: Carlos Kameni, Chris Samba, Taye Taiwo, Geremi, Stephen Appiah, Denis Oliech, Obafemi Martins, Emmanuel Adebayor, Stephen Pienaar.
Just checked up the Egyptian bloke and i admit i have never heard of him quite surprising because i watched the African cup of nations earlier this year & someone i didn't notice him. But yea i agree with him being picked in the XI always thought African were full of defensive mid-fielders so i just shoved the three best in..

On your home boy Oliceh, can't be biased got to fair in selection lol. If i did that i would have definately found places for Terry, Gerrard & Rooney in squad or starting XI for Europe..

roseboy64 said:
Much better European XI:

----------------------------------------------------CASILLAS------------------------------------

-----RAMOS-----------------FERDINAND-----------------TERRY------------------EVRA-----

------------------------------------------------HARGREAVES------------------------------------------

---------------------RONALDO--------------ALONSO--------------SNEIJDER-----------------

--------------------------IBRAHIMOVIC-----------------VAN NISTELROOY-----------------
Hargreaves - very good no doubt but i still have Vieira (who i don't think is passed it) & Guttuso over him at this stage

Alonso - Pirlo & his team mate Xavi are better than him in that role there.

Ibrahamovic - Good, but he is a bit too inconsistent for club & country for me, Torres got to be on current form.

Oh and Zambrotta should be on the flanks somewhere son..

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Didn't you say that you don't watch Spanish and Italian football recently Aussie? Strange to see you having strong opinions on players who play there, then.

EDIT: In other news, Zaki's a bit stiff to not be featuring in anyone's African XI benches.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ok well from what i've seen they are the only three left-backs in the game right who are solid bets defensively againts the best wingers & equally adept at going forward in attack.

Other quality seasoned left-backs in the game (the one's that are naturally left footed mainly) like Evra, Abidal, Cole, Bridge, Heinze, Grosso, Capedevilla, Van Bronkhorst & probably Clichy (on recent form), are either solid going forward & a bit weak defensively or visa versa.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't you say that you don't watch Spanish and Italian football recently Aussie? Strange to see you having strong opinions on players who play there, then.
Yea, but i remember what players did from back in the days of watching, plus when CL & world cups/Euro's come around you see what they are all about.

Have began to watch back Serie A for the past 2 weeks now to follow AC Milan of course since Becks is about to join..

EDIT: In other news, Zaki's a bit stiff to not be featuring in anyone's African XI benches.
You probaly could on current form, but just like in cricket, overall career performances is better basis to pick players. Zaki could very well not be scoring for Wigan come the back end of the EPL.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You probaly could on current form, but just like in cricket, overall career performances is better basis to pick players. Zaki could very well not be scoring for Wigan come the back end of the EPL.
Zaki has dominated for Egypt for years, they're undisputedly the best in Africa and he is a central part of that.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
So has Waeel Gooma (spell check), Aboutricka, Mido but outside the African stage not all of these Egyptian players have progressed to big European clubs to compete with the best in the world. Thats HUGE IMO.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Hargreaves - very good no doubt but i still have Vieira (who i don't think is passed it) & Guttuso over him at this stage

Alonso - Pirlo & his team mate Xavi are better than him in that role there.

Ibrahamovic - Good, but he is a bit too inconsistent for club & country for me, Torres got to be on current form.

Oh and Zambrotta should be on the flanks somewhere son..
Vieira doesn't do the mopping up for Inter and that's what Hargreaves does for me there. Gattuso was considered but he doesn't offer much going forward.

Haven't seen Pirlo play for Milan in a while. Everytime I see them which is pretty often he's not playing,or isn't noticeable. Xavi, I'll give you that.

Ibrahimovic is class. He's the second striker to Ruud in that lineup. Been awesome pretty much every Inter game I've seen. Torres doesn't offer as much in that role as Ibrahimovic would.

Don't really rate Zambrotta as world class at all. Good but not in the upper echelon.

Chubb

International Regular
I would rather have Julio Cesar in goal for South America than Dida or Abbonanzieri.