• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football World XI's - Eurpoe, South America, Africa

Craig

World Traveller
roseboy64 said:
I'm thinking Ferdinand should be there ahead of Puyol and of Ronaldo or Rooney should be in that starting XI. Pirlo and/or Ballack out. Joaquin too is questionable.
Well he was useless for Betis at times at his final season there and hasn't his pace dropped right down? I mean it used to be/is his main asset (as it is for any winger).

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
'He is still the highest scoring player ever for Norway, with 33 goals out of just 45 games. What made the achievement even more significant is that he only played as a striker in 22 of those games, the rest he alternated between right-back and centre-half.'

Fairplay. :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
No it's fairly poo for someone who's played mostly with Zidane in midfield for a team that made two World Cup finals and won one of them. France also have had some very easy qualifying groups which has helped keep his record above being complete rubbish.
Ha, really don't like Henry don't you.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
anyway fellas how does look for a randon Rest of the World side outside Europe/Africa/South America.

FORMATION: 4-4-2

GK – Mark Schwarzer
RB – Lucas Neil
LB – Lee Young-Pyo
CB – Craig Moore
CB – Rafael Marquez* - Captain
LM – Shunsuke Nakumara
RM – Ji-Sung Park
RCM – Ali Kirami
LCM – Yossi Benayoun
LF – Harry Kewell
RF – Franciso Fonseca

luffy

International Captain
aussie said:
anyway fellas how does look for a randon Rest of the World side outside Europe/Africa/South America.

GK – Mark Schwarzer
RB – Lucas Neil
LB – Lee Young-Pyo
CB – Craig Moore
LM – Shunsuke Nakumara
RM – Ji-Sung Park
RCM – Ali Kirami
LCM – Yossi Benayoun
LF – Harry Kewell
RF – Franciso Fonseca
I don't rate Schwarzer he seems to be a bit inconsistent, but i can't think of any other Goalkeepers. Good team otherwise.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
another option for goalie was Oswaldo Sanchez from Mexico, but haven't seen much of him outside the last 2 World Cups, but i've seen a lot of Schwarzer so i gave him the nod.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
aussie said:

GK – Mark Schwarzer
RB – Lucas Neil
LB – Lee Young-Pyo
CB – Craig Moore
LM – Shunsuke Nakumara
RM – Ji-Sung Park
RCM – Ali Kirami
LCM – Yossi Benayoun
LF – Harry Kewell
RF – Franciso Fonseca
That's the softest midfield I've ever seen, it needs Australia's best player and Parma captain Vince Grella to stiffen it up.

Australico:

----------------Sanchez--------------------

Neill---Marquez---Nelsen---Salcidio

------------------Grella-----------------------

Mahdivikia----Bresciano---Nakamura

-----------Cahill--------------------------------
------------------------Fonseca--------------

Craig

World Traveller
And Marquez could be pushed up into midfield as well.

Would Brett Emerton be on the bench?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Great Birtannia said:
That's the softest midfield I've ever seen, it needs Australia's best player and Parma captain Vince Grella to stiffen it up.

Australico:

----------------Sanchez--------------------

Neill---Marquez---Nelsen---Salcidio

------------------Grella-----------------------

Mahdivikia----Bresciano---Nakamura

-----------Cahill--------------------------------
------------------------Fonseca--------------
looks better than mine for sure, but i would have Moore instead of Nelsen at the back & maybe Park instead of Mahdivika.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
I thought Ji-Sung Park was a left sided player?
not too sure, but he has played on both wings for United when he comes on as a sub or plays the full 90.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i figure the right, i remember watching a CL game when he was playing for PSV vs AC Milan & he was a train on the right wing giving Jankulokski headache..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Think this thread can dow with an update:

EUROPE: 4-2-4

-------------------------------------------------------------BUFFON------------------------------------

ZAMBROTTA--------------FERDINAND----------CANNAVARO------JANKULOVSKI

-----------------------------------------------VIEIRA----------------PIRLO----------------------------

RONALDO---------------------------------------------------------------------------------ROBBEN

----------------------------------------TORRES-------------VAN NISTLEROOY----------------

SUBS: Casillias, Ramos, Carvalho, Terry, Guttuso, Xavi, Ribery, Gerrard, Henry.

SOUTH AMERICA: 4-1-2-3

---------------------------------------------ABBODANZIERI-----------------------------------------

ZANETTI-------------------------LUCIO--------------------MILITO----------CORDOBA

-----------------------------------------------MASCHERANO----------------------------------------

--------------------------KAKA-----------------------------------RIQUELME------------------------

MESSI-------------------------------------------------------------------------------RONALDINHO

-------------------------------------------------SANTA CRUZ------------------------------------------

SUBS: Julio Cesar, Alex, Daniel Alves, Gabrielle Heinze, Juninho, Fernando Gago, Robinho, Tevez.

AFRICA: 4-3-3

--------------------------------------------------------EL HADARY------------------------------------

EBOUE---------------------------KTOURE-----------------YOBO------------------MENSAH

----------------------------------------------------------Y TOURE--------------------------------------

------------------------------ESSEIN------------------------------------DIARRA---------------------

ETO'O----------------------------------------DROGBA---------------------------------MARTINS

SUBS: Carlos Karemi, Chris Samba, Taye Taiwo, Geremi, Stephen Appiah, Sulley Muntari, Saloman Kalou, Emmanuel Adebayour.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As strikers go, Aguero>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tevez>Santa Cruz IMO. Also refuse to believe jankulovski's the best LB around. Still, did a better job than i could have.