• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zidane keen on Bangladesh

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Xuhaib said:
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=428024&CPID=219&clid=4407&lid=11&title=Zidane+keen+on+Bangladesh

Look for the Bangladeshi PM to give a 3 day holiday in celebration for this news.:dry:
The Bangladesh PM is probably occupied with getting rid of the nationwide blockade TBH. He'd be inspirational for Bangladesh (better than Cruciani, the guy they had before anyway) and it would be useful experience for Zidane as well. Against the footballing powerhouses of Nepal, Pakistan and Tajikistan that is.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just a random one, but how good are the teams English? Wouldn't there be a barrier having a French coach (as I assume English would be the only language they have in common)

Craig

World Traveller
Considering he is of Algerian descent one would assume he can speak Arabic, although I have no idea how similar it is to Urdu (I assume it is spoken there considering it was part of Pakistan once upon a time?)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangla is their language. Somewhere in between Arabic and Hindi I think but someone else would need to clarify this.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Bangla is the main language. I don't think it's closely related to Arabic but I could be wrong. It's not uncommon to find people in Dhaka with a decent grasp of English but I imagine if he was to coach a team he'd require an interpreter. Unless he speaks Arabic, which I don't think he does.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Most of them can probably speak English. I guess there would be a French - Bangla translator as well.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Jungle Jumbo said:
The Bangladesh PM is probably occupied with getting rid of the nationwide blockade TBH. He'd be inspirational for Bangladesh (better than Cruciani, the guy they had before anyway) and it would be useful experience for Zidane as well. Against the footballing powerhouses of Nepal, Pakistan and Tajikistan that is.
He could let his team relax and then go to the middle and beat them on his own.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Xuhaib said:
He could let his team relax and then go to the middle and beat them on his own.
Ignoring the obvious drawback in that he's not Bangladeshi.