• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the NBA Players.

Dravid

International Captain
Yes you can, until he gets in you can. LeBron got more votes than Wade, thats why he won. But Wade isn't like knocked out. You can vote for a player until they get a spot in the list

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Tim Duncan is the best player in the NBA, even if he did slip to the All NBA second team last season. Then again, I have a basis towards pivot players.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
carmelo anthony has been superb this season so far with 6 consecutive 30+ points games although the nuggets have been beset by injuries and haven't been doing so well...

Fusion

Global Moderator
Best player in the NBA? Are we talking skills only? If so, Kobe for me. I'm not basing this on "best player who isn't totally an ass and extremely selfish and hence can't really lift his team to the next level".

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Best player in the NBA? Are we talking skills only? If so, Kobe for me. I'm not basing this on "best player who isn't totally an ass and extremely selfish and hence can't really lift his team to the next level".
The problem I have with that is that, whilst Kobe is undeniably special, the difference between his skills and abilty and his positional peers are not as great as exist between players at other positions. The athletic swingman role in the NBA is the most heavily populated with very good players eg Wade, Anthony, McGrady etc.

I think players that have skills that are different and above the others should be recognised above guys like Kobe.

My starting 5 with different and exceptional skills

PG- Nash Since Stockton and Mark Jackson retired and age is catching up with Kidd, he is the best example of the classic pass first, make every one else better point guard. Skills and a role that are in short supply in the NBA

SG- James 6'8" with PG skills, ability to run the ball and great athleticism. No one like him in the league and can play a number of positions. Special talent with no natural positional peers

SF- Nowitzki The create-a-player. 7', can shoot the lights out, take anyone in the post and is capable of driving to the hoop. Again, there is noone close that shares the same skill set. Again, like James, capable of playing a number of positions.

PF- Duncan Fundamentals, baby. Brilliantly simple and everytime he kisses one off the glass it is like an exercise in basics. In a league full of highflyers and glory seekers he is refreshing, classy and more importantly brilliant.

C- Shaq Old but the C position is pretty weak in the NBA. He is still a force of nature and his physicality is other-world-like compare to this positional peers

Obviously, Ive listed big names with nothing too controversial. However, I think they bring more special and unique skills to the league than guys like Kobe.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Buddhmaster said:
Duncan's the most overrated player ever.
Right. It's only a coincidence that San Antonio couldn't win the championship before him, even though they had good players like David Robinson. All Duncan has done since being drafted by the Spurs is help them win 3 championships (and named the Finals MVP each time), win 2 MVP's, and be a 9 time All-NBA and All-Defensive Team member. Wayyyyyyy overrated. 8-)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Right. It's only a coincidence that San Antonio couldn't win the championship before him, even though they had good players like David Robinson. All Duncan has done since being drafted by the Spurs is help them win 3 championships (and named the Finals MVP each time), win 2 MVP's, and be a 9 time All-NBA and All-Defensive Team member. Wayyyyyyy overrated. 8-)
damn! you got there first....:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Buddhmaster said:
I stand by my comment, mostly caus I cbf reading what Fusion said.
he was agreeing with you and in fact proving your point...just read the last two words of his post and disregard the smiley at the end, that's all...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha... anyway.... considering there's so few of us involved, the 3 votes given to Wade compared to only 1 for the others would give him the no.2 spot.

the list....

#1. LeBron James
#2. Dwayne Wade

My vote for the #3 player in the NBA is Tim Duncan. Pretty much for the reasons Fusion posted above.

Dravid

International Captain
Oh damn I thought round two would have ended by now, thats why I didn't bother closing it. Next time I should go through the thread and read it lol.

Anyway: #3 goes to Dwight Howard for me. He will prove to be the best PF/C in the league in about 2 more years. Much better than Duncan IMO