• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Being a Wrestling smart

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously it increases your respect for the profession, but unfortunately it also results in you finding more and more faults in the profession, and general product as well. I've watched wrestling since I was 8, and only stopped this year, but I remember ever since become a smart (or smark etc.) from 2001 onwards, I saw more and more faults and just stupidity in booking decisions and general quality that it put me off.

Whereas from 96-99 you'd have to beat me with a baseball bat to get me out from in front of the TV when Raw or Nitro would be on. 2001-2003 was also a period where my interest was paramount, but even as a smart then I would accept the crap Vince and co. would give us, because there was also some good. Now I just can't sit and watch for 2 hours anymore. Even with the great man King Booker at the helm.
I don't watch WWE, or wrestling in general anymore, just don't have the time nor interest which is why I've stopped posting in the official pro-wrestling thread, but really I can understand how modern-day WWE would put people off.

But back in the 80s and 90s you had this man

Gotta love Bret Hart.
I'm 3 years cold turkey now :-O

Xuhaib

International Coach
I will stick with TEW 2005. Looks awesome and a huge improvement on EWR. :) If I like it a lot, I will think of buying TEW 2008. Thanks (Y)
make sure you study the default charecters and then play with it will increase the fun factor by 10 folds atleast.

if you enjoy TEW 2005 then you will cream over 2008.

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
You said watch ROH for "pure" wrestling. Which is complete hilarity. Maybe if you actually referred to pro wrestling you might have a point.

EDIT: As opposed to mildly insinuating it.
:laugh:

psst - It's a pro wrestling thread, I think it's implied. Also note the inverted commas on pure.

Love how you maintained I meant what you thought and not what I meant.

But if that's the way you saw it, then good for you. :) Glad we sorted it out.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

psst - It's a pro wrestling thread, I think it's implied. Also note the inverted commas on pure.

Love how you maintained I meant what you thought and not what I meant.

But if that's the way you saw it, then good for you. :) Glad we sorted it out.
Heh geeze, pardon me for not remembering word for word what someone posted 2 pages back on a thread which I was skim reading from start to finish. But if you want to be a pedant (seems to be your modus operandi) then so be it. Don't think I ever claimed to know what you meant just referred to how it came across when reading it, but you're a good laugh at the very least.

David

International 12th Man
Heh geeze, pardon me for not remembering word for word what someone posted 2 pages back on a thread which I was skim reading from start to finish. But if you want to be a pedant (seems to be your modus operandi) then so be it. Don't think I ever claimed to know what you meant just referred to how it came across when reading it, but you're a good laugh at the very least.
:cool: Thank you.