• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Molehill

International Captain
Equinox retired to stud.
Think I saw that he'd become the 4th highest rated of the 21st Century behind Frankel, Flightline and Sea The Stars.

A shame he never came to Europe, but the only race for him really was The Arc and the risk of soft ground wouldn't have suited.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
Think I saw that he'd become the 4th highest rated of the 21st Century behind Frankel, Flightline and Sea The Stars.

A shame he never came to Europe, but the only race for him really was The Arc and the risk of soft ground wouldn't have suited.
Missed opportunity in the 2023 Arc....the track was good. Not soft.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
Herbert Power/Zipping Classic Double

2023: Military Mission
1986: Pharostan
1956: Fighting Force
1930: Second Wind

Newcastle Cup/Herbert Power/ Zipping Classic Treble

2023: Military Mission

Military Mission also won the Group 3 Hobart Cup earlier this year (February).

Pretty good year I reckon.

Molehill

International Captain
The Arc is a very difficult race to win
It's a shame they didn't retire Enable after her 2nd win, would've left her legacy totally untarnished.

Ace Impact was a very good winner this year even if the race itself may not have been the strongest. Japan's top horses have tried before in it and normally come up short, although Equinox would've been the best to try.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some great racing in Hong Kong today - Golden Sixty and Lucky Sweynesse were both fantastic yet again, and I particularly enjoyed the Hong Kong Cup battle between the Cox Plate winner Romantic Warrior and Luxembourg.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Have a runner at Omakau tomorrow (currently favourite) and Roxburgh on Thursday (2nd fave).

Not as good a start to the year as Warren Kennedy, mind you!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
@Smudge I see Forbury Park has been sold off. I had no idea they'd even shut the course - I've been down there a couple of times. Where do they do the Dunedin trots now?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
@Smudge I see Forbury Park has been sold off. I had no idea they'd even shut the course - I've been down there a couple of times. Where do they do the Dunedin trots now?
Closed down after the last meeting in July 2021. Writing was on the wall for them for a while - lack of horse population meant 80-90% of the horses at a meeting were coming from outside Otago, thus forcing costs onto participants and, in turn, the industry. They were cut back to 10 meetings immediately after racing returned from the autumn 2020 lockdown and it was a matter of time from then.

They mix their 4-5 club licences year between two grass meetings at Wingatui, and the remainder down at Wyndham.

The money is meant to be going to harness racing in the region so hopefully that actually occurs.

thierry henry

International Coach

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this guy pretty well known or nah?
Kinda well known, but mainly back when he was training in partnership with his late father. Slipped below the radar a bit later in his career.

Jeez, that wasn't great to read.