Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    Nice one, Ed.

My highlight on New Years Eve was seeing Howard Bromac dish it up to the opposition in the City Of Auckland Cup. Considering he was parked for about 1000m of the race, the way he went away from them in the straight was something special to see. He'll represent NZ with pride at the Interdoms. Howard Bromac is trained by Kirk Larsen, who trains our pacer, which raced at Omakau yesterday. He, too, had to face a stiff breeze for a bit, and ran on nicely for second. He's not far off a win in maidens hopefully.
    I'll be interested to see how Howard Bromac goes in the Hunter Cup (if he comes), in the past he has been just a little bit behind the best horses, but the way he has been winning everything over there he has to be a huge show in the race.

Well done on your big winner too, only race the one horse?

Yeah, I've just got an interest in the one horse.

Re: Howard - at the start of the season, Kirk felt it was going to be Howard's best season and, after being a little slow early on, he's really been in peak form. The Auckland Cup run was indicative of how tough he's been this season - he round them from 800-1000m out and at the top of the straight had them beat, including the ones that had softer runs than him. With Elsu's retirement, the Australasian crown is wide open and I think Howard is up there in the best three in NZ at least, alongside Mainland Banner and perhaps Alta Serena, who is a bit up and down.

I will be backing Howard in the Hunter Cup - although I'm probably a bit biased, since he's in the same stable as ours (although a heck of a lot better, obviously).

Time for another dig with Auckland Cup Week coming up. For NZers, can anyone beat Wahid in the Derby in two weeks?

I don't believe anyone who finished behind him today can. Black Panther ran on alright but Wahid fought him off. Charliehorse maybe, but he has so much to learn, still can't even run straight.

Congrats is amazingly talented, his last win at Waikato was effortless. But he hasn't run further than 1600m yet. Having said that though, his trainer has won four Derbies so knows what he's doing. Looking forward to seeing him meet some quality opposition for the first time.

Wahid will be 2-1 at best on Derby day, but rightly so I think. He's been in the first three 14 times out of 15.

Saturday, One of my Horses is Running in the Group 3 Frank Packer Plate at Randwick...

He won his last start at Warwick Farm over the 1600m paying $26 and stepping up to the 2000m will only suit him more...

He will again be paying 20's, have a bit EW on him as he is a big hope...

That's all well and good...but what's his name?
    Last edited by vic_orthdox; 18-04-2006 at 09:54 PM.

LOL yeah good work :P

The one paying around $20 :P isnt that enough info?? :P

Its name is Regal Troche...
    Trained by Anthony Cummings...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    hmm the other times ive backed a horse of urs its bombed out, so i dunno...

Yeah, ur not allowed to get on it...

Good luck with that.

And GO FALSETTO in the Oaks.

Beaudiene Holmes is starting at Winton on Sunday. It's drawn the outside of the front line though.

And what's worse is that our trainer (who is involved with the club) did the draw, so we can't even blame someone else.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    Yeah, ur not allowed to get on it...
    Are you going to try using a proper jockey this time then?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    And GO FALSETTO in the Oaks.
    Ah.

Well...Envoy and Zabeat in the Cup then.

Race 3 Number 3 I Will Survive at Warwick Farm tomorrow..

One of my gallopers...

She is a top quality filly who has had a few injury problems, if she runs(depending on the ground) She will be very very hard to beat.. Probably jump favourite, but definatley worth a look.. Also have another one on the same day, but is 4th emergency and is unlikley to get a start, but if he does he will also be a chance coming off a flying 2nd 1st up.. Race 7 Number 16 Sir Interdane...

Also have another one in on Thursday at Hawkesbury but i would not tip her unless the track is good or fast, which at this stage is unlikley, but just in case.. Race 4 Number 10 Molokai Dancer

No one else is probably following them, but the Australasian Breeders Crown semi finals are on tonight, and I got my first look at Lombo Pocket Watch, which has - after tonight - won 16 out of 17, his only failure a result of broken gear.

In saying that, I wasn't super-impressed with his win tonight. Sure, things didn't go his way with the wide draw, and having to sit five back in the one-out line before moving up to be parked, but he still didn't kick on like a super star. His expected rival, the Kiwi prodigy Gotta Go Cullen is racing in 20 minutes, but has a much harder draw - here's hoping he has an easy run into the final so we can see the match-up. Then again, I'd prefer Lombo Mandingo (great names... ) to win this heat, as it would mean I'm 4/6ths of the way to winning $800.

Highlight of the night so far has been the Kiwi filly One Dream, which absolutely hammered them after breaking wildly behind the mobile at the start.

Stupid idiot in the sulky of Lombo Mandingo tried to get too clever and faded to third.

Still, Gotta Go Cullen was overracing, yet still found a gap to finish second so is safely through to the final.

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread Information