Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,017 of 1017
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

There really is nothing in the world like Breeders' Cup Saturday - nine G1 races, all season-ending championships. Just awesome. And there was brilliant action all the way through yesterday. Three 2012 winners came out and defended their titles, and there was a stunning three-horse war in the Classic.

2013 Breeders' Cup Classic - Mucho Macho Man - YouTube

And I loved the Juvenile win by New Year's Day. Where did he come from?! Hoping a new star was born here.
    2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile - New Year's Day - YouTube

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Yuck. Gai Waterhouse won a Melbourne Cup. Odious first lady of an odious racing family. Bloody woman cost me thousands when I had a horse with her. Hope she tripped and fell on the way to the mounting yard.
    _Ed_ likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

yesssss

backed Red Cadeaux for a place, first good bet of my life, probably only won about 20 bucks but whatever

edit: actually it payed 11 bucks for a place, so I probably won more
    Last edited by Maximas; 04-11-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    There are two colours in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Yuck. Gai Waterhouse won a Melbourne Cup. Odious first lady of an odious racing family. Bloody woman cost me thousands when I had a horse with her. Hope she tripped and fell on the way to the mounting yard.
    completely agree
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    and no doubt her absolute **** of a son wouldve made millions today

Mind you, it's always a treat being out and about in Martin Place on Cup day. Fascinating.

Honestly, how amazingly beautiful is Francesca? Oh. My. God.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/...escacumani.jpg

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Roll on Tuesday and Cheltenham.

Got a nice tasty 25-1 antepost bet on the 2-1 favourite in the opener so fingers crossed I get off to a flyer.

For anyone looking for a tasty priced ew bet this week then Sraid Padraig looks a decent one.

Any thoughts on California Chrome's shot at the Triple?

Jeez, this horse is a machine. His effortless acceleration just blows me away. I haven't been this excited about a Triple Crown bid since Smarty Jones in 2004. But, just like with that horse, I have a bad feeling about the distance of the Belmont. I hope he keeps going, but I'm scared that he'll start to wobble and get caught by some newcomer with fresher legs. But I hope he can do it. It's been a long wait - 36 years and counting - and it'll have to be one of the greatest sporting feats of the year if he finally breaks that drought.

It was disappointing to see California Chrome fall short in his Triple Crown bid. I thought the coverage was pretty poor though. No attention at all was given to the winner and the connections. Instead the audience had to put up with a very emotional rant by one of California Chrome's owners, they should've just left him alone. A pretty sour sort of atmosphere, I thought.

On another note Ed, the NZ breeding industry really know how to breed quality stayers don't they? You only have to look at the results during the recent carnivals, the NZ stayers have more than held their own. I'm a firm believer that the NZ sprinters are well short of ours, but any race over 1600m is one where you have to treat the NZ horses with genuine respect. I'm a big fan of distance racing and I have many gripes with its current state in Australia. The overseas influence is just becoming a bit ridiculous in Sydney.
    Last edited by Kylez; 13-06-2014 at 07:58 AM.

Absolutely. Although I think the European stayers are even better than ours at the moment. They've been dominating the big cup races over the last few years, and I think that might continue.

Speaking of Europe, some awesome racing at Ascot overnight. Jeez that Kingman is a good horse.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Absolutely. Although I think the European stayers are even better than ours at the moment. They've been dominating the big cup races over the last few years, and I think that might continue.

Speaking of Europe, some awesome racing at Ascot overnight. Jeez that Kingman is a good horse.
    Oh the European stayers are definitely superior to the New Zealand ones. For a relatively small country with smaller breeding operations they certainly manage to hold their own overseas, which is a great effort. It gets a bit tiresome after a while though in Sydney, when you see 4 or 5 Chris Waller trained imports competing in the same race. It's not healthy, IMO.

I own a tiny share in a horse called Planet Purple with my father and thankfully he manages to acquit himself well against the overseas stayers. Raced on Melbourne Cup day last year, and that was a massive thrill.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread Information