• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Bobisback

International Regular
Just got back from my Calcutta, ended up drawing 7 of the 24 horses. Bought Verminator, Shamrocker (you get money for last), Illo and half each with the bloke who bought Americain.

Not a bad looking lot seeing I only outlayed 90 each with a mate.

Bobisback

International Regular
Who do I think is going to win though? Niwot. Simply because of the betting. $101 before it won on Saturday. $21 after it won, now into $10. Thats a huge move from 21 to 10.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shamrocker (you get money for last)
Would actually have a massive chance of winning if she randomly rediscovered her best form. She was sensational 6-8 months ago. Been a shadow of her former self this spring, though.

But I think Older Than Time and Saptapadi will fight it out for last.

flibbertyjibber

None of the English ones will win. Jukebox Jury has too much weight but looks the most likely placed chance we have.

_Ed_

Poor Craig Williams - a suspension cost him the ride on Dunaden and the chance to be the first jockey ever (I think) to win the Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup in the same year.

ripper868

International Coach
Win - Dunaden
Place - Tullamore
Place - Precedence

Niwot to get caught up in the pack*

*cue win by 5 lengths
Just sayin. Also got the first 4 as part of a work syndicate. All in all, $200 to the good - first time I've had a decent payout I think.

Now to book that car service...

Bobisback

International Regular
Not going to eat for the next week. Stupid ****ing Melbourne Cup.

I lie, I get paid on Thursday.

_Ed_

The phenomenal Goldikova has the last race of her career today, and she's bidding to win the Breeders' Cup Mile for the fourth time in a row. No other horse has won a Breeders' Cup race more than twice. What a great mare. Good luck, Goldie.

Here in NZ, the 2000 Guineas was a bit of an upset, but it was an outstanding performance by Rock 'n' Pop. Really nice to see a son of Popsy (the last filly to win the NZ Derby, back in 1993) win at G1 level. I think there's a bit more ahead for him as well.

Bobisback

International Regular
Backed Jimmy Choux for the last time today (yesterday)

Still an amazing horse but owes me too much from the past couple of weeks to keep chasing, just ignore from now on.

flibbertyjibber

Thank you Paul Nicholls, made a packet on his horses today. Only 7 winners for him.

Brigantin 5.20
Faraaj 6.02
Sea Moon 8.45
Strong Suit 10.07

Those are who I have done in Breeders Cup tonight. Gut feeling is Goldikova is past her best and could be beaten by an improving youngster. Will still cheer her on though.

_Ed_

She couldn't quite do it. Ran well, but without her usual turn of foot. But still one of the best mares I've seen.

St Nicholas Abbey was awesome in the Turf, and I liked the Juvenile win by the undefeated Hansen.