• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

cover drive man

International Captain
Should I take the bet?

According to the racing post;

TIP OF THE DAY
Taajub looked a colt of immense promise when readily landing his maiden at Newmarket and although taking a big step up in class he has the potential to surprise his better fancied rivals at lucrative odds

20/1

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a huge step up in class. I think Monsieur Chevalier will win that race.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Underage?

Never stopped me but once I wast told horse racing is like Santa Claus (not real but the charade is accepted), I never backed a horse again. Also, no liquidity (real money, not pocket money) in the market to be pick one horse, unless your got a 100,000 bank and just looking for 5% interest in 57 seconds.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I tend to avoid the horses for the same reasons to be honest, can make a reasonable day out though I suppose, though most of the other people who tend to go to race meets are ****s.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kept trying to go out "Walking the dog" But my mum's not stupid, cba with a big row so decided to stay in.
Hahaha, how did she get the clue that you wanted to go out and put on a bet? Or have you made an attempt at this sort of thing several times in the past?

_Ed_

This is the one time of year that makes writing horse racing articles for the Hawke's Bay newspaper worthwhile for the rest of the year. Three absolutely amazing days, the first of which is Mudgway day this Saturday. I focussed my article on the local hope, Maximum Star, but I think Mufhasa's going to win it. Best horse in NZ, IMO. Picked a 40-1 horse for 3rd though...

Can't wait for Saturday. I'll sit down in front of the TV with a beer and watch the best racing NZ has seen in 5 months.

_Ed_

Well, it was an exciting finish, but the race was ruined for me with the fall at the 700.

Good to hear that both jockeys were OK, but it sounds like one of the horses might not race again. :(

_Ed_

This is a crazy sport. Vosne Romanee and Keyora won the Kelt and Hawke's Bay Guineas at 50-1 and 40-1 respectively, but both looked like superstars in doing so.

An Aussie horse, G3 level at best over there, comes over and takes 3rd in the Kelt - our biggest WFA race. Then a NZ 3yo, with one win to his name, and who couldn't win a rating 70 at Ruakaka, came out and won a G1 in Sydney.

Baffling TSTL.

_Ed_

Some sense has returned to racing - Sea The Stars overcame a shocking run to win the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. His sixth Group 1 win in a row - one in each month since May. Absolute champion.

cover drive man

International Captain
Some sense has returned to racing - Sea The Stars overcame a shocking run to win the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. His sixth Group 1 win in a row - one in each month since May. Absolute champion.
Best race horse ever? Some think so, peronally I think red rum but still.