• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A bit disappointing there, Darci destroyed them. Dr Green never settled in the race, thought he'd matured a bit as a 3yo but back to his old self today, finished fourth. Darci's going for an autumn Derby apparently, not sure if that's NZ or AJC. Good to see 2 million dollar Danehill colts win in a row though, awesome sight. Darci's won 6 out of 8 now, including a G1 in Australia and 2 G2s here.

Now my attention goes exclusively to the Valley.

_Ed_

1:38.5 for the 1600m in the second, looks maybe on the slightly better side of Slow.

benchmark00

Suprise suprise! The champions done it, Makybe Diva's won the Cox Plate, Boss rode it really well, it was in strife at the start for lack of pace, but what a sight when they turned the corner with a wall of horses. Xcellent was rode too wide, had good pace but Coleman made it too hard for himself.

_Ed_

Yeah amazing win by Diva, great mare.

You're right about Xcellent, from about the 600 to the 400 he showed how good he was, went from last to 4th. But going 12 wide around the turn isn't a great idea Mick.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
hmm crap ride coleman

they're goin 2 the melbourne cup, they are being way too hard on the horse

edit-xcellent that is

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Diva is the greatest mare Australia has even seen...

Her run today showed how great she was... Come the turn everything else was shot.. Boss let her out and IIRC he didnt even give her the whip...

If she runs in the Melbourne Cup(which i think she will) she only needs a clean run and the win is hers...

I'd like to give a special mention to Fields of Omagh.. This guy is such an honest horse, Everytime he runs he is always there and there abouts..

The Big dissapointments were Lad of the Manor, the 2 Three year olds(they just didnt handle the pressure) and Xcellent(I still have my doubts)....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sunline was great, but Makybe Diva has surpassed her... The Diva also today fittingly passed Sunline's Career Earnings taking it to 11.5 Million

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Lyell_Chris said:
hmm crap ride coleman

they're goin 2 the melbourne cup, they are being way too hard on the horse

edit-xcellent that is
I didn't think that there was a lot else that he could do given the pace in the race up until the point the took off...

Lad of the manor got to far back in a race run much to slow for him...

Gods Own see xcellent...

The 2nd and 3rd horses both performed great and were given good rides

But Makybe is a once in a life time horse :cool:

_Ed_

I still rate Sunline higher (although the Diva is amazing), she won about 30 of her 45ish, an amazing success rate, while Diva has won 14 out of 35. Of course there are other factors involved, but Sunline is still in my opinion at least the greatest mare I've seen.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
If the Diva wins the Melbourne Cup then there could be no question from anyone that she is better then Sunline...

The fact that she is getting better with age is another huge thing...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Freedman isn't keen to race her in the Melbourne Cup though. He said something along the lines of he'll only race her if the track really suits her.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Lee might have other plans for her, but I don't know what they are exactly. But I agree, how can you resist not going for your third straight Cup?

benchmark00

vic_orthdox said:
Lad of the Manor was crucified. Horrible ride.
My Girlfriends parents own a few horses and Johns (who rode Lad of the Manor) is employed to ride their horses, so i decided to slap a few bucks on him.... never again. Shocking ride.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
A syndicate organised by freedman has bought 60% in Plastered

Freedman also said he will wait to 8:30am on cup morning to see if they will run Makybe Diva

Coleman said he went out for a look and Gods Own thought he was making his move so Gods Own pushed him out even more and Coleman had to go

benchmark00

Derby day at Flemington tomorrow, looking forward to departing with my hard earned.

The Myer Classic, the Derby and the Mackinnon are the big ones for mine.

In the Myer Classic i seriously like Miss Potential, quality Mare, trying to win the race it won last year and i reckon she'll do it.

Its my Lock of the week....

1. Miss Potential
2. Lotteria
3. Jonan's Toy
4. Shania Dane

In the big one (the derby) it's open between four for horses in my opinion. Nearly impossible to split them, but i'll have a crack:

1. Headturner
2. Pendragon
3. Galant Guru
4. Duelled

And in the Mackinnon, i cant go against my boy, Lad of the Manor. Should finally turn consistency into group 1 success.

1. Lad of The Manor
2. Fields of Omagh
3. Activation
4. Desert War