• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I was half a head off the trifecta. :(

Damn you, Pop Rock, why couldn't you run straight?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
Anyone interested in a fantasy Punters Club??

Basically each week everyone gets say $100 fantasy money to bet with, and using TAB odds we see who wins the most money??
Anyone keen??

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
Sure. Would it only be Aussie racing?
Na we could do NZ racing as well... I would just use NSW TAB odds that way its easier for me to keep track of...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, if Volty joins thats 4...

We will start this weekend..

Basic Rules:

1/ Bets can be placed on any Meeting that the NSW TAB offers odds on...
2/ All bets MUST be in 10 minutes before the race starts..
3/ The following bet options are available (Win, Place, EW, Quinella, Exacta, Trifecta, All Up, and Quaddie)
4/ Each week punters have $100 to spend and if not spent the money is forfeited..

Any other questions just ask..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
Ok, if Volty joins thats 4...

We will start this weekend..

Basic Rules:

1/ Bets can be placed on any Meeting that the NSW TAB offers odds on...
2/ All bets MUST be in 10 minutes before the race starts..
3/ The following bet options are available (Win, Place, EW, Quinella, Exacta, Trifecta, All Up, and Quaddie)
4/ Each week punters have $100 to spend and if not spent the money is forfeited..

Any other questions just ask..
Just to add, you cant bet with Winnings... Each member has $100 and thats it..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
Whats the deal then? links etc... ??
what do you mean??

Basically we start this weekend...

You have $100 to bet with, can bet on any race that is covered by the NSW TAB(Link in earlier post), Bets must be in 10 minutes before the race starts....

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thewizard1o1 said:
So it runs Sat morning till friday midnight or something like that?
If so, can I post my selections early and do them tomorrow night? I'm off to Christchurch early on Saturday morning for Guineas day so I won't be able to post that day.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah selections can be made any time before the race, the cut-off is just 10 minutes before...

If people want to post their selections up on a Friday night for the Saturday meeting thats fine...

I also think it will be much easier to make it so that only Saturday meetings are allowed to bet on... Although if people would prefer the option to bet on mid-weekers thats fine..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny Stuff from the Judge on Racenet.com.au

The Judge took a day to catch his breath after partying hard with the Japanese contingent on Melbourne Cup night but he’s now had to get fair dinkum after a Cup which was full of controversy.
The Japanese may appear quiet but they know how to party and The Judge, armed with just a dictionary and some Saki couldn’t believe the joy.
There was just the one unfortunate moment after the Cup was filled with Saki and they lit it.
Took two fire units and a very long straw to bring it under control. The Cup melted into a bit more of a goblet but nobody can take the victory away.

HEROES

Delta Blues
What a wonderful, game horse. Carried weight, kicked away and then defied the horse with the last shot.

Katsuhiko Sumii
Came here last year with Eye Popper and did well, but might have learnt something. Certainly put it all to good use.

Yasanuri Iwata
“I rode him in a very positive way so I would never have any regrets”. Should be stamped on the foreheads of all jockeys.

Damien Oliver
Amazing how much love the media can provide when you’re the first bloke home who can speak English. Would have been brushed like a dirty dog if Iwata could speak the lingo.
He handled it all with class even though he’d have hated coming within a head of winning.

VILLAINS

Tawqeet
Look at all the trouble he’s caused just by taking his shoes off to go swimming.

The decision to run Tawqeet
The right decision it was. Everybody was satisfied he was sweet. Sound to run.
Yes of course he was.
Judge has demanded a rewrite of the rules. Instead of being fit to start, Judge will now require horses to be fit to finish.

Australian stayers
What a motley lot they mostly are. Got shown up very badly.

The Europeans
Failed again with mostly the same excuses.
Yeats of course had to be ridden like that because “that’s how you’ve got to ride them”.
Judge called them in with a few left field ideas.
Just because you can run well in the The Ebor does not mean you have a Cup horse.
Just once, instead of wide without cover, try third on the fence.

FRONT THE JUDICIARY

Keiren Fallon
The Judge wanted to congratulate him on getting his Nostradamus like talents back in order during the Cup.
Unfortunately he incorrectly predicted Yeats would win the Cup a week ago but was back in the groove during the running when very correctly declaring at the 800m that Yeats couldn’t win.
Judge wonders if that’s the first time he’s correctly predicted a horse couldn’t win.

Zabeat
Took 2 hours to complete the course in the SAAB and 3 hours to complete the course in the Cup.
Horse said he was soaking in the atmosphere, loved every minute of it.

The Japanese
Judge just wanted to thank them for reminding him of the good old days.
They won a big race but there was no whooping and hollering, there was no shouting the bar, the jockey did not do a somersault on his horse, there were no Delta masks.
It was a humble victory. The last one seems so long ago.

Those calling to restrict the Internationals
Yeah that’s what we want to do. Stop them coming.
The Judge is just desperate to see less Delta Blues and Pop Rocks and way more On A Jeunes and Demergers and Ice Chariots and Dizelles and Art Successes.
You know, all those good classy Australian horses.
Was a disgrace that all those international horses were in the race. Count Ricardo could have had a run instead.

LOL Some gold stuff there...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
thewizard1o1 said:
Why not friday-saturday-sunday...main trot meeting on friday night :D
LOL ok, im happy with that.. not a trot fan personally but im willing to let them in :p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll start off I guess, here are my bets for tomorrow.

NZ - Race 11 - $25 Place - 15 - Ginella
NZ - Race 12 - $25 Place - 12 - Princess Coup
NZ - Race 12 - $25 Quinella - 11 & 12 - Naturo & Princess Coup
Flemington - Race 6 - $25 Place - 11 - Seachange

Cheers.