• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best moment as a Sports fan

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's hard for me to think of just one. Would you choose a result that meant everything to you, or just one moment where you felt better than any other time ever?

It's hard to decide really. But I'm gonna pump for Tranmere 3-0 Bolton, January 26th 2000, League Cup semis 2nd leg. Whites were goin to Wembley, it's really mad now to think that it actually happened, with us 9th in League One and all. But it was just a magical night. We were 1 up from the first leg, and had form over the scum, but nonetheless, 1-0 is nothing and they had more talented players than we did.

Then on six minutes, Nick Henry scored an absolute scorcher of a volley, straight away ridding me of my nerves. ALan Mahon added a penalty before half-time, it really was dreamland, there was to be no turning back from there!

The atmosphere was electric, my shirt was off (in friggin January!) and I was going mad, then with twelve minutes to go came the absolute realisation of all my dreams, ned Kelly put the ball in the back, and that was it, we were there, it was over, it was amazing, amazing, amazing.

I often wonder if I'll see a time as good as that as a Tranmere fan ever again, but it will never be taken away from me, and something awfully special would have to happen to overtake it. There's nothing anyone but Tranmere could do to overtake that moment. Superwhitearmy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sure, it was a great moment as a Cricket fan, but as a Hollyoaks fan it pretty much sucked

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marcos Ambrose winning the 2003 & 2004 V8 Supercar Championships!
Craig Lowndes/Jamie Whincup winning this Bathurst 2006!
Australia Winning the 2003 Cricket World Cup! - What an innings from Ponting!!!!

Matteh

I'm going for Aus v Japan. Just sat there getting annoyed that they were going to win through an awful shoddy goal and then bam, it was a pretty easy win.

Worst is prob Mansfield in the playoff final against Huddersfield. Scored a goal in the last minute of normal time only for it to be disallowed, and then went and lost the penalties.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
As dear old Brian Moore said "Maybe the most dramatic finish in the history of the Football League". :)

I still get misty eyed watching it and I just loooooooove Steve McMahon's "One minute left" finger symbol. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOwQCpNc-pw
Pfft. Lacks the skill involved in the wide to West try. :p

Never seen that before, though. Love it. And not just because Liverpool lost. That has to be the most ******** celebration in history, though.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Matteh said:
I'm going for Aus v Japan. Just sat there getting annoyed that they were going to win through an awful shoddy goal and then bam, it was a pretty easy win.

Worst is prob Mansfield in the playoff final against Huddersfield. Scored a goal in the last minute of normal time only for it to be disallowed, and then went and lost the penalties.
Yeah, agree with Mitchell here, Aus v Japan was just simply awesome.

Indicative of the scenes accross Australia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdVtCG1wFs0

Scaly piscine

Can't choose between the drop goal against the 16 man Australia side in the Rugby World Cup and Kasprowicz c Jones b Harmison.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Can't choose between the drop goal against the 16 man Australia side in the Rugby World Cup and Kasprowicz c Jones b Harmison.
Poor form, SP. Expected an Arsenal loss of some sort from you.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dravid said:
That's definitely in my top 3. Other two are:

Essendon 13. 17. (95) def. by Richmond 13. 19. (97)
Probably because my best mates, who are Essendon fans, were there with me and the whole night was dedicated to the Aborigines with "Dreamtime At The 'G'" at night. Add Dean Polo's ridiculously brilliant debut, the come-back when we looked gone and the fact that I hate Essendon's guts, and it was just a brilliant night. Gave my mates **** all week long, and lost my voice after the game.

Dravid's Heroics
The 2001 series was awesome, against a better Aussie team and was more memorable, but unfortunately I was living in Singapore then so I didn't get as much footage of it as I would have liked which always pisses me off. But this match, India looked gone, and Dravid really stamped his name in history. He was also considered a gun, but after Australia scored over 500 I was sure we had no chance, and then when Tendulkar went and Ganguly was run out I was just "Ahhh crap :(" Never seen a man fight so hard against the odds. There have been better knocks, but he just fought and occupied the crease like his life was on the line. Then for him to guide India to victory in the 2nd innings was just awesome.

pasag

RTDAS
Ooo, you reminded me of Round 3, 2001, Essendon were winning everything left right and centre, Carlton had all their good players out, SOS, Kouta, Bradley, Mathew Allan (in career best form) pretty much 8 out of our 10 best players injured or suspended and we went on to beat them by 16 points. I was there with a bunch of Essendon mates as well and I can't describe the feeling on the way home, there were people singing the anthem on the streets, on the trains, it was so good. Beating perhaps the greatest team ever with most of our players out was one of my proudest moments as a Carlton supporter.

Also the 2005 Wizard cup win was damn good. The only time I have been to a GF of any sort. It was so good to win anything after spending years in the dumps.