• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best moment as a Sports fan

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching Otago win the NPC in 1999 with a 40-19 win over Waikato.
Running onto Carisbrook for my school's 1st XV, although technically I wasn't just a fan at that moment.
The 3rd game in the last Chappll Hadlee series was pretty good, but could've been better if we weren't 2-0 down already.

Craig

World Traveller
roseboy64 said:
I'd have to say West Indies winning the Champions Trophy. Didn't get to see the 1999 CL Final but that's up there for me.
If that was a Lazaras style comeback, that was it. Seriously England should have wrapped up the game long ago and it go to the point were the WI could hardly see the ball but somehow won.

Absolute miracle.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
If that was a Lazaras style comeback, that was it. Seriously England should have wrapped up the game long ago and it go to the point were the WI could hardly see the ball but somehow won.

Absolute miracle.
That was the worst day ever as a sports fan. I went to Wigan to see Saints play them in the playoffs when England looked quite comfortable. Saints lost 18-12. Came back and England had lost. Gutted.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
But it's far easier to simply pass the ball into the corner than get it over the wall and under the bar. Even if Schmeichel sees it earlier he's wrong-footed/off-balance and still doesn't save it in my opinion. By moving behind the wall he's not any more likely to see the ball early and it puts him in a bad position, he's basically committing himself in the hope that the free kick ends up going to Schmeichel's right or that part of the goal.
When you can't see the ball, you have to start guessing (much like facing a penalty). The majority of the time, freekick takers attempt to curve it around/over the wall, and so that's the way Schmeichel went.

No Scholl peeling off the wall, and Schmeichel saves it comfortably.

Scaly piscine

At that range they would mostly go for the top right corner (ie wide of the wall), as it's very difficult to get the ball over the wall and under the bar from that range and they're far more likely to get a shot on target going that way.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) Kasprowicz c Jones b Harmison
2) 23 (Manchester United) ... will play ... 64 (Exeter City)
3) The final whistle at Old Trafford
4) Dean Moxey's goal, Exeter City v Doncaster

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Craig said:

Absolute miracle.
Loved it too when Holding said "Boundary" and next ball.....a four! Mike was in the back and the ones commentating at the time mentioned him just saying it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
* Sunline winning the Hong Kong Mile
* Chappell-Hadlee Series 2004 1st ODI
* NZ 1-2 in the Olympic Marathon 2004
* Sarah Ulmer destroying the World Record in Gold Medal race, Olympics 2004

Dravid

International Captain
Craig said:
TBF a one eyed man with a stick of rhubarb could get runs there.
That's the best excuse you have? I'm not saying that it wasn't a batting pitch and all, but c mon...you are defending 434

Slow Love™

International Captain
I'd probably say that for me, the altercation between Steve Waugh and Curtley Ambrose in Trinidad, as the West Indians first started to realise they might actually go down. There was just something that invoked Mr T and Rocky Balboa - with the immortal sendoff from Waugh: "Why don't you go and get ******" To be fair, I didn't see it live, but I was following the series and saw the news report of the incident the next day. Just really evocative, and had me fist pumping (no, not in that way).

Steve Waugh's final century against England, where the whole nation sat down and watched overtime, was a real highlight too.

After that, probably the AFL '89 Grand Final, when Mal Blight decided a good strategy to take the Hawks down was to ensure that as many of them left the ground on stretchers. Had everything, even Dermie puking up blood and playing on with a busted rib. Only just got home. That night after the game, we took our horns and belted out a fair racket outside a mate's house before we entered - only we were a bit out of it and it was the wrong house, and we had to run for our lives as these six huge guys (one who already had a black eye - and they may well have been Cats supporters) chased us down with the sole purpose of beating the living crap out of us. Fantastic game though, full of drama and in the end, victory.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Netherlands going to the 2nd round in the EC 2 years ago...
that was madness, I was so fking smashed the next morning, only thing i could do all day, is go to the toilet to puke and back to bed.
after Czech republic B won against Germany
Milan Baros, legend!

Kasprowicz c Jones b Harmison

Ajax winning CL in '95 I was 6 and remember it like the day of yesterday!

Holland qualifiying for the WC in cricket.

Pothas

England bowling the West Indies out for 54
The end of the 2nd, 4th and 5th Ashes tests in 2005
Dj Campbells two goals against Sunderland in FA cup for Brentford last year
Mika Hakkinens increadible pass of Michael Schumacher at Spa in 2000 (almost surpassed by Alonso's at Japan last year)
Hampshire winning the C&G trophy in 2005