Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Cycling Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    117miles from London to Canterbury.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Het Volk and Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne on this weekend.

I think Boonen will get Het Vok and I'm going for Roger Hammond to get Kuurne. Though other names include Flippo Pozzato (Liqugas and out to show up Quick Step), Leif Hoste (Predictor-Lotto), Juan Antonio Flecha (Rabobank), defending Het Vok champ Philippe Gilbert (FDJ), Nick Nuyens (Cofidis), Nico Matten (DFL-Cyclingnews-Litespeed, and yes that is a British registed team), and a good outsider would be Stijn Devolder (Discovery).

There is no Hincapie after he broke his hand/wrist in a fall at the Tour of California, he is almost near certain to miss Flanders, Paris-Roubaix as well.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    PVP, Flecha and Stewy O'Grady will be in the mix to me thinks...Doubt Boonen will go all out in this race, with some bigger goals just around the corner.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    117miles from London to Canterbury.
    That's so tempting but I just know I'd die somewhere near Ashford.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by thewizard1o1 View Post
    PVP, Flecha and Stewy O'Grady will be in the mix to me thinks...Doubt Boonen will go all out in this race, with some bigger goals just around the corner.
    Van Petegem has nothing these days. Since winning Flanders and Roubaix in 2003, he hasn't won not a single race since

That is dire for a man who supposed to challenge and win classics on the cobblestones.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Het Volk and Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne on this weekend.

I think Boonen will get Het Vok and I'm going for Roger Hammond to get Kuurne. Though other names include Flippo Pozzato (Liqugas and out to show up Quick Step), Leif Hoste (Predictor-Lotto), Juan Antonio Flecha (Rabobank), defending Het Vok champ Philippe Gilbert (FDJ), Nick Nuyens (Cofidis), Nico Matten (DFL-Cyclingnews-Litespeed, and yes that is a British registed team), and a good outsider would be Stijn Devolder (Discovery).

There is no Hincapie after he broke his hand/wrist in a fall at the Tour of California, he is almost near certain to miss Flanders, Paris-Roubaix as well.
    Well Pozzato got it. Always been a big talent but hasn't always had his head in the right spot and the chance to lead a team, an Italian one especially is a great chance instead of working for Boonen and Bettini (I'm amazed those two haven't fallen out yet since they bith want to win San Remo and Flanders). I guess you know somebody has ability when they win Tirreno - Adriatico at a young age, picked up a Tour stage win, one the oneday race in Hamburg in 2005 and won Milan-San Remo ahead of a chasing bunch. If the finishing line were another 200-300m he would have been caught.

Quote Originally Posted by thewizard1o1 View Post
    Wow...could be no Paris-Nice this year with ASO and UCI fighting like school kids....
    The ProTour has potential IMO, but they need to scrape some races, one the Eindhoven Team Time Trial, has about as much relevence as an English friendly against Japan or some other random team before a World Cup or European Championships, especially when there isn't a TTT in the Tour. The Tour of Poland is a good domestic race and should be left there, it is no point in making a team like Bouygues Telecom to Poland when they have more important races in France to do. The ENECO Tour, we have the Tours of Belgium and Luxembourg, and bring back the Tour of Holland, this has no history or relevence, especially when a good percentage of riders climbed off on the last stage. The give the likes of the Tour of Britian or the Tour Down Under a chance, or have a rotating spot in the ProTour, the South Australian government is really pushing for this race, and both races in the ProTour would do wonders for the sport in Britian and Australia respectively. Eventually add the Tour of California in.
    Last edited by Craig; 03-03-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    That's so tempting but I just know I'd die somewhere near Ashford.
    The thing sold out all 5000 official places within 24 hours which i'm quite impressed with tbh. Ashford is a fair distance along the route in all fairness, it's the first category 4 climb after 100km at Tonbridge that's got me slightly worried. Will feel great inside if i manage to complete it.

Boonen saved my hide by winning K-B-K.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    13 Roger Hammond (GBr) T-Mobile Team

Not bad. Should win a race by the end of the season tbh.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Yeah, I saw that when I had a look. Which ended the "shall I just go for the hell of it" thoughts. Category 4 shouldn't be too bad, should it? It's only 1-2kn at 4/5%, that's just a steep road... there's worse than that trying to get out of Exeter in places... though the "after 100km of riding" bit does admittedly make it trickier.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Yeah, I saw that when I had a look. Which ended the "shall I just go for the hell of it" thoughts. Category 4 shouldn't be too bad, should it? It's only 1-2kn at 4/5%, that's just a steep road... there's worse than that trying to get out of Exeter in places... though the "after 100km of riding" bit does admittedly make it trickier.
    All the hills around me tend to be very short but steep hills, tend to struggle up some of them but the longer, less steep ones i find aren't as bad.

Profile of Stage 1:

Good downhill finish though, always good to recover from and don't tale too long.

Finally http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...toursolution07

Now that wasn't so hard now was it?

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Finally http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...toursolution07

Now that wasn't so hard now was it?
    Stupid situation with the Unibet.com team. It's like an F1 team racing in one of those anti-cigarette countries.

At the Driedaagse van West Vlaanderen (Literally meaning 3 days of West Flanders), there is a smal Belgian team by the name of Babes Only-Villapark Langemeer-Flanders.

Dire name

Boredmeeting Champion!
    At the Driedaagse van West Vlaanderen (Literally meaning 3 days of West Flanders), there is a smal Belgian team by the name of Babes Only-Villapark Langemeer-Flanders.

Dire name
    Even an Aston Villa link in that name as if it wasn't dire enough.

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information