Cricket Player Manager
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Cycling Thread

State Vice-Captain Spitfires_Fan's Avatar
    Astana's withdrawal leaves the way a lot clearer for Millar and Wiggins in the TT. Zabriskie's long gone as well, so unless one of the GC guys put in a huge effort (Evans?) I think it'll be either one of them or Cancellara that wins it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    I reckon Millar to win tomorrow's stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

nah Evans, either that, or Lotto will send one of their many crappy riders who can't help Cadel in the mountains to take out Rasmussen early on in the stage
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Mahjong Champion!
    Could someone explain to this l'il ole country boy what happens re the standings at this point of the race?
    Does every one move up9 places?
    What about any rider who did not finish in allotted time? Is it reassessed based on 2nd placing time?
    What about any rider who was eliminated in TT? Are they reinstated?
    Do Race Organisers make the assumption that ALL riders who finished behind Vini deserve readmission to race as they would not have been eliminated if Vini had not being using PH drugs?
    Your explanations here would be appreciated.
    Keep Your Feet on The Ground,Keep Reaching for The Stars!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMAC View Post
    Could someone explain to this l'il ole country boy what happens re the standings at this point of the race?
    Does every one move up9 places?
    Nah, everyone moves up as many places as there were Astanas ahead of them (if that made sense)

Quote Originally Posted by JBMAC View Post
    What about any rider who did not finish in allotted time? Is it reassessed based on 2nd placing time?
    What about any rider who was eliminated in TT? Are they reinstated?
    Nah, they can't do that except for the last stage, and IIRC no one were eliminated there even though 60 riders missed the time limit. Anyone eliminated at an earlier stage stay out of the race because they haven't run the next stage.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Looks like Rasumssen is in a bit of hot water, as is Contador. Contador has links with some dodgy Italian drugs doctor or something, the whole deal is rather suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Christian Moreni you ****ing ****. He's tested positive for testosterone meaning Cofidis and therefore Wiggins are out of the race. When are the stupid ****ing idiots going to realise that the Tour of all things given the massive attempts by them to clean it up is not the place to do performance enhancing drugs.

I don't know whether to applaud the Tour authorities for their efforts to clean it up or laugh at the attempt in all honesty. Clearly bent as.

Saw in paper today Rasmussen in hot water over missed drugs tests too. Cycling's foot must be more bullet than bone now.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Yeh i read in the paper that the tour organisers wouldn't have let him race if they knew he'd been warned twice by the Danish doping board.

Kind of takes away from the whole magic of the race when you know that everytime anyone does anything special that they're probably on drugs.

Curveball Champion!
    I reckon they should ban for life anyone that is found taking drugs. It would put a stop to all the nonsense once and for all I reckon.

I agree totaly, but i still don't think they'd stop, the punishments already are harsh enough to put many older riders out of a career, yet they still take drugs(Landis being a prime example).

Curveball Champion!
    That was only becuase Landis was nearing the end of his career anyway. If you said to these 22 year olds who take drugs:'If you take drugs, you will never be allowed to cycle in any events ever again', then I'm sure that a lot of them would take notice.

Ahhh, good point about Landis, hopefully it can only be a matter of time before they do give life bans out.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    I'm pretty sure that if you do your 2 year ban and then get caught again that you get life.

Hence why i'd be suprised if David Millar or Tyler Hamilton ever did it again.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    AP are reporting that Rasmussen and the rest of Rabobank have been removed from the race as well, nothing more that I can find yet.

Very, very sad. I feel somewhat cheated - I have watched the Tour for the last few weeks and really enjoyed it, mainly because I admired the human achievement involved. Now I just feel duped.

EDIT: Rabobank have removed Rasmussen; rest of the team is still in the race. Turns out that he informed them that he was in Mexico, while being in Italy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/6916698.stm
    Last edited by Jungle Jumbo; 25-07-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread Information