• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite sport? (Cricket excluded)

Favourite sport?

• Football (Soccer)

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • Rugby Union

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • Rugby League

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • Golf

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Snooker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Aussies Rules

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Hockey

• Ice Hockey

• Tennis

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Badminton

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Boxing

• Volleyball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beach Volleyball

• Athletics

• Wrestling

• Swimming

• Darts

• Baseball

• American Football

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Basketball

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Netball

• Handball

• Cycling

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Gaelic Football

• Some other sport that I have stupidly omitted

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voted other too - horse racing.

Also love Aussie Rules, American Football, Baseball, Tennis and a few others that I can't be bothered typing.

Dravid

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
You need glasses, son. :p

From the list, handball. Could at least have had the decency to list "winter sports", tho (for the one Northern vote). :p

Opinion on the listed sports:

Basketball: struggle to see the defensive skills involved
I don't know how it's played in other countries, but in the NBA or even in College and High School level of the game in the US, defense is as important as offense, and if you seriously think that defensive skills arent involved and how much defense you have to play, you probably haven't played it a lot with people that are good. No offence

But anyway, its Basketball for me...love it as much as Cricket

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I voted for basketball. It is the sport I have 2nd most fun playing, but I'd prefer to watch a rugby league game.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
My Favourite sport is Horse Racing....

Closely followed by, Football, Rugby League and Baseball

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Football, with Handball a close 2nd, got no idea why i like Handball, maybe something to do with Norway Women's National team...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
After cricket, it's AFL, then football/soccer for me.

Aside from those, I also like and occasionally watch boxing, union, cycling, snooker and tennis. Mostly only if there's a major event on, though. I get the feeling if I was American I'd like baseball, but I've never been able to get into it much over here.

My least favourites on the list are rugby league and golf, though motor sports would top the list if it was there.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Union for me at the moment

My opinions on the other sports

Football: not enough goals and too much diving for me to get into it
Rugby league: Scrums are pointless and noone seems to know how to tackle
Golf: cant watch it, can play it for a while but then get annoyed at my inability to hit the ball well consistently
Aussie rules: Getting into it more these days, dont fully understand all the rules. players dont seem to be able to take the ball cleanly very often
Field hockey: good game to watch when its on TV, very hard game to play, i have tried it a couple of times and its really tiring.
Ice hockey: doesn't get alot of coverage in Australia but i do enjoy watching it
Tennis: love playing it and watching it
Badminton: played it a few times, didn't like the Shuttlecock or the raquets much
Boxing: stupid sport, good for fitness though
Volleyball: boring
Beach volleyball: i watched in in the Olympics when Australia was playing, seen it a couple of times since and it was boring
Athletics: yawn
Wrestling: yawn
Swimming: watch it whan its on TV and Australia is racing, not really into it though
Darts: i cant believe people watch it on TV, good pub game.
Baseball: hate almost everything about it
Basketball: ok to watch occasionally, would probably get into it if i watched it more often. gets abit boring
Netball: enjoy watching, particularly the ever closely fought Aus - NZ games.
Handball: never really watched it, would like to see more of it
Cycling: great to watch, very hard to do, those guys are incredible!
Gaelic: never seen it.

Dravid

International Captain
age_master said:
Union for me at the moment

My opinions on the other sports

Basketball: ok to watch occasionally, would probably get into it if i watched it more often. gets abit boring
Apparently it seems like you haven't seem LeBron James or Kobe Bryant or Ray Allen play. I could sit there all day in front of the TV watching them play and not get bored for one second

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dravid said:
Apparently it seems like you haven't seem LeBron James or Kobe Bryant or Ray Allen play. I could sit there all day in front of the TV watching them play and not get bored for one second
It's really a matter of taste. Tiger Woods may be a master at his game, but if you have no interest in golf, it isn't going to change your perception.

Dravid

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
It's really a matter of taste. Tiger Woods may be a master at his game, but if you have no interest in golf, it isn't going to change your perception.
True

Interesting how Vimes and Master both left out American Football in their opinions. Would like to see what everyone thinks of it.