• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oasis Frontman Fires up at Socceroo's

steds

Hall of Fame Member
"What do they call them, the Socceroos?"

"Do me a f***ing favour, you could come up with a better nickname than that."
:laugh: Not scared to say what everyone else thinks.

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Noel Gallagher said:
I don't know, there is something about him. I would love to kick him right in the ********.
Love this one about Cahill.

EDIT: :laugh: at the filter.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
"You will never win anything so give it up."

Perhaps England should take that advise as well then.

"What do they call them, the Socceroos?"

"Do me a f***ing favour, you could come up with a better nickname than that."

Can't fault that.

"I don't know, there is something about him. I would love to kick him right in the ********."

"He has just got one of those faces,"

"Don't you find his face really slapable? I can assure you, lots of people in England do."

Or that.

Noel's good value.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
**** me, the guy's an idiot. Makes **** music too.
Wish I could make **** music and sit back in my mansion with my butlers and maids with my seven luxury cars parked in my massive garage and tour all corners of the world and get free beer and entry into exclusive places and then sit back and not give a **** what people think of me and my music.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone actually care? Have to agree though, it is a stupid nickname. Almost as bad as Oasis's music, actually.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Wish I could make **** music and sit back in my mansion with my butlers and maids with my seven luxury cars parked in my massive garage and tour all corners of the world and get free beer and entry into exclusive places and then sit back and not give a **** what people think of me and my music.
Yeah, he's in illustrious company. Robbie Williams, 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake etc.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
Only learnt to drive a couple of years though didn't he?

Love Noel.

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah, he's in illustrious company. Robbie Williams, 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake etc.
Not their fault millions of people buy their music. You should take it up with the millions that have bought their music, cause if they hadn't then your more 'arty' friends could be more famous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Great band, great live, legend

Not quite sure what the motivation for this outburst was though?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Not their fault millions of people buy their music. You should take it up with the millions that have bought their music, cause if they hadn't then your more 'arty' friends could be more famous.
I'm not saying it's their fault or even that it's bad, but it's ridiculous to suggest that just because someone sells a lot of records and has heaps of money means they are good.

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm not saying it's their fault or even that it's bad, but it's ridiculous to suggest that just because someone sells a lot of records and has heaps of money means they are good.
Didn't say that at all. My post was in reference to Smith and amy doubting that Gallagher would give a flying 'whatever' towards what he thinks.

You were just trying to bait me.

Cloete

International Captain
Love their music. Noel's an absolute tool though, said a lot of stuff about Blur that was just ridiculous as well, in fact he says too much about many things. Maybe it's because he was threatened by Blur and the Socceroos ;)

Mister Wright

GeraintIsMyHero said:
Great band, great live, legend

Not quite sure what the motivation for this outburst was though?
It would have been an interview about the best of coming out and the interviewer may have made a mention about soccer or the socceroos and he came up with this, which let's be honest is a lot better article than some promotional interview about the best of.