• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who could you play for?

Anna

International Vice-Captain
England (place of birth & residency)
Ireland (Maternal Grandmother, I think)
Wales (Father)
Probably Canada as well....Maternal Grandfather or something like that.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Pakistan
USA

India (if you take in to account that all Pakistanis were infact Indians at one point before the Partition)
Great Britain since they ruled all those areas where my family is from.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
England (birth, maternal grandfather born)
Scotland (mum, maternal grandmother born)
Romania (dad, paternal grandparents)

Possibly another Eastern European country, dunno.

Last edited:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Just England that I'm sure about, possibly Netherlands because I think my maternal grandfather may have been born there.

EDIT: No he wasn't, just England then.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
England (birth)
Scotland (mum, maternal grandparents born)
Romania (dad, paternal grandparents)

Possibly another Eastern European country, dunno.
Gray - very Romanian name

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cloete said:
Australia (Lived here for 10-11 years or so and citizenship
South Africa (Born there)
England (Mother + Maternal Grandmother born there)
Scotland (Maternal Granfather born there)
Kenya (Father + Paternal Grandfather born there
Italy (Paternal Grandmother born there)
Wow. Clutey a veritable smörgåsbord of qualification. Think 6 will take some topping.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
My best bet is to play for canada, but apart from england id be eligible for australia, and er, france

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
This thread is a complete swipe from Planet Rugby, but I thought it might be interesting to know which other countries CW posters would be eligible for were they Rugby Union internationals. Cricket's qualification is pretty dull, basically being either born in the country, a national of that country or having resided in a country for four years. Rugby Union's criteria is a bit broader & therefore more interesting IMHO; under Regulation 8.1 of the IRB's code it states one is eligible for a country in which

a) a he/she was born; or

b) one parent or grandparent was born; or

c) he/she has completed thirty six months of residence immediately preceeding the time of playing

So basically if you have a parent or grandparent from elsewhere or have lived somewhere for 3 years you qualify for that country as well as your "own" country under Union's rules.

I qualify for:

1) England (by birth & residence) &
2) Ireland (by my maternal grandfather being born in Ireland).

Anyone else? :)
I think I could play for...

1) Australia

2) England (?) and Germany (?)

3) Hong Kong

PhoenixFire

International Coach
England, Ireland and South Africa. An odd combo I admit, but I wouldn't ever play for SA (regardless of whether I'm good enough).

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
English- Birth
Ireland- Maternal G'Mother
USA- Citizenship
SA- Would qualify for residency soon