• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are the Socceroos a better team than England ?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clapo said:
but if you take their team in context to Australia's, you'll see my point :)

all the same... who the hell are those 4... :confused1
But that's not even the strongest Aus side possible. Where's Aloisi, Cahill, Neill etc.

I can see easily how that Aus side beat the French team. Djorkaeff and Lebouf were just entering their 50s...

Johnners

In 2001 that was close to our strongest lineup with only the Duke missing. Cahill, Kewell, Grella, Culina, Neill were all still early in their careers at that stage, and nothing like the players they are today.

Matteh

I thought Kewell was an absolute gun around that time for Leeds and only recently he's regained some form?

Johnners

woops, typo, ment to include Kewell after Viduka, but yes was going off for Leeds at that point in time... and there was something about Leeds not releasing both He and Viduka to play IIRC, or am i thinking of another tournament...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Clapo said:
In 2001 that was close to our strongest lineup with only the Duke missing. Cahill, Kewell, Grella, Culina, Neill were all still early in their careers at that stage, and nothing like the players they are today.
Kewell was 10 times the player he's been since.

Pothas

Clapo said:
but if you take their team in context to Australia's, you'll see my point :)

all the same... who the hell are those 4... :confused1
Jeremie Brechet did play for Real Sociadad at some point, i remember i bought him on football manager. The others i dont know at all

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
James said:
If you want this thread to stay open I would suggest the following:

1) Cut out all the bad language. Just because the filter stars it out doesn't make it acceptable.
2) Cut out the personal abuse, am mainly looking in your direction Pedro Delgado
Just a little light trolling at an idiot.

Stupidity is more offensive than swearing IMO.