• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Too many soccer threads?

Are soccer threads ruining OT?

• Total voters

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
andyc said:
They're not all the same though. Trying to run/oragnise three different competitions from three different sites in the one thread would just be impossible. They need their own threads. It'd be like trying to organise poker games and the snooker tournament in the same thread.
As if that would be impossible, it happened in the AFL thread for starters with the tipping etc.

Btw, why can't the 'Football Manager' game threads be moved to the games forum?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Oi, stop ignoring my posts.
:laugh:

Sorry, too many posts in between my posts, when I refresh the page. But same deal, you'd just get threads that people may want to get involved in that would be in the sub-forum that they'd otherwise miss cause they don't go there. Again, for example, I hardly ever post in a non-cricketing sport thread, and would therefore have little need to visit a sport sub-forum, yet I've signed up for the soccer sim, been involved in BATracer, etc.

andyc

benchmark00 said:
As if that would be impossible, it happened in the AFL thread for starters with the tipping etc.

Btw, why can't the 'Football Manager' game threads be moved to the games forum?
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression the games forum is for cricket games only.

Edit: Yeah, looks like it

General
Discuss the latest news, expectations, hints & tips and everything you can think to say about cricket games.

Freeware / Shareware
In here you will find people's comments and thoughts about the range of Freeware and Shareware cricket games available.

Last edited:

benchmark00

andyc said:
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression the games forum is for cricket games only.

Edit: Yeah, looks like it
I don't think it strictly says it, I just think people only talk about cricket games in there cause it's a cricket forum. Maybe there should be some encouragement to talk about other games in there.

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeah need an other sports section with little sub forums for soccer, afl, rugby... i think that they are the main ones

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
:laugh:

Sorry, too many posts in between my posts, when I refresh the page. But same deal, you'd just get threads that people may want to get involved in that would be in the sub-forum that they'd otherwise miss cause they don't go there. Again, for example, I hardly ever post in a non-cricketing sport thread, and would therefore have little need to visit a sport sub-forum, yet I've signed up for the soccer sim, been involved in BATracer, etc.
It's too big for OT though - it may not seem like it to you, but as there are plenty of people complaining about it, it seems to be the case. It's like saying that the CWXI should be run in OT because people who don't visit that part of the forum would miss out otherwise.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
ash chaulk said:
yeah need an other sports section with little sub forums for soccer, afl, rugby... i think that they are the main ones
I don't think you need a sub forum for the al sports. But then again people will probably start complaining when there is 20 odd rugby/football threads and only one AFL.

benchmark00

chaminda_00 said:
I don't think you need a sub forum for the al sports. But then again people will probably start complaining when there is 20 odd rugby/football threads and only one AFL.
Seriously, why do you have to turn this into x Vs AFL thread?

Noone wants to see more AFL threads.

andyc

Adamc said:
It's too big for OT though - it may not seem like it to you, but as there are plenty of people complaining about it, it seems to be the case. It's like saying that the CWXI should be run in OT because people who don't visit that part of the forum would miss out otherwise.
Just looking at it, taking out the sports threads would take away 8 from the current front page (out of 25), another 8 from the second, and 9 from the 3rd page. That's dead on one third of all threads. Taking them away would leave OT with only a whole lot of music threads, a few movie threads, and a few random 'do you shave threads.' Just too little, IMO.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:

Im just joking around, i know what you guys are saying. Its just annoying how you guys single out one or two sports to get point across. The problem is that there is not too many football threads, just too many sports related threads.

benchmark00

andyc said:
Just looking at it, taking out the sports threads would take away 8 from the current front page (out of 25), another 8 from the second, and 9 from the 3rd page. That's dead on one third of all threads. Taking them away would leave OT with only a whole lot of music threads, a few movie threads, and a few random 'do you shave threads.' Just too little, IMO.
I don't like the subforum idea tbh. Andy rightfully pointed out it would leave OT with too few threads. Just make there be the smallest amount of threads for the one topic would be fine.

andyc

benchmark00 said:

I know you're joking, but you can see why people think that this is related to the fact that soccer, beyond a sport for kids, isn't popular in Australia. The majority of those saying there's too many don't contribute to them, as far as I know at least, and it does make you wonder if there was 8 'hottest women' threads per page, whether you or others would be saying this. Not meaning anything personally there, just pointing it out. But, it's past 1 am, I've got a party tomorrow night, and I'm no Mat Mitchell. Bed time for me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can I ask why it matters? Is it a great ordeal to see if there are any topics of interest on page 2, or even, God forbid, page 3? I mean I often find that after not being on CW for just half a day results in a whole page of topics with replies on OT.

Matteh

andyc said:
I know you're joking, but you can see why people think that this is related to the fact that soccer, beyond a sport for kids, isn't popular in Australia. The majority of those saying there's too many don't contribute to them, as far as I know at least, and it does make you wonder if there was 8 'hottest women' threads per page, whether you or others would be saying this. Not meaning anything personally there, just pointing it out. But, it's past 1 am, I've got a party tomorrow night, and I'm no Mat Mitchell. Bed time for me.
Into the sig i think.

andyc

benchmark00 said:
I don't like the subforum idea tbh. Andy rightfully pointed out it would leave OT with too few threads. Just make there be the smallest amount of threads for the one topic would be fine.
Yeah, if something is going to be done, I'd much rather it be merging of threads rather than creation of a sub-forum. Not that I'd like to see that happen, but it's the lesser of two evils for mine.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Can I ask why it matters? Is it a great ordeal to see if there are any topics of interest on page 2, or even, God forbid, page 3? I mean I often find that after not being on CW for just half a day results in a whole page of topics with replies on OT.
I don't really care tbh, I just think the forum could be better structured. There should be more consistency regarding merging threads etc. as we've seen today with the lyrics and movie threads, slack mods. ;)

Matteh

Too many sports threads?

Can close the AFL/NRL ones now, season's over. That'll help.

pasag

RTDAS
GeraintIsMyHero said:
It matters imo, that it takes ages to find threads normal threads when there are so many soccer threads floating about. I for one and I know many others don't venture past page 2 of OT and when most of the good threads are pushed back that far becuase of the latest soccer thread it is very, very annoying.