• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Too many soccer threads?

Are soccer threads ruining OT?

• Total voters

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
Well don't actually have a thread for every league just EPL and A-League. All the other threads are about completely different things. So it would be stupid to have them in the same thread.
Why can't you just have one official soccer thread and keep all the stuff in there? Works fine with the AFL one, and all sorts of things get discussed in there, including other leagues.

It seems whenever something happens in soccer a new thread has to be created.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Why can't you just have one official soccer thread and keep all the stuff in there? Works fine with the AFL one, and all sorts of things get discussed in there, including other leagues.

It seems whenever something happens in soccer a new thread has to be created.
Cus there different sports, Football isn't as simple as Aussie Rules. Really not much happens in the AFL outside Australia. Its a lot easier to keep it in one thread. Really if you look at the threads, there not about football issues, they are all kept in the EPL Thread or A-League, apart from thr France Thread, which was stupid anyway.

Most of the threads are about Football related games, like CM or FM. If AFL had more then one major PC game, then their might threads about them in Off Topic.

Its not like we make a new thread everytime someone gets brought or sold. Most things get kept to one or two threads.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
football is a sport a huge % of the world plays..live with it that people want to discuss it.

benchmark00

chaminda_00 said:
Cus there different sports, Football isn't as simple as Aussie Rules. Really not much happens in the AFL outside Australia. Its a lot easier to keep it in one thread. Really if you look at the threads, there not about football issues, they are all kept in the EPL Thread or A-League, apart from thr France Thread, which was stupid anyway.

Most of the threads are about Football related games, like CM or FM. If AFL had more then one major PC game, then their might threads about them in Off Topic.

Its not like we make a new thread everytime someone gets brought or sold. Most things get kept to one or two threads.
There should be:

One soccer thread with all leagues.

One soccer games thread with all the games/fantasy leagues.

Simple as that.

pasag

RTDAS
chaminda_00 said:

They could be valid but thats not the point. If I want to do a Mitchellcheck for example it takes me half an hour to sift through a bunch of soccer threads to find it. And imo that is ruining OT.

benchmark00

Kweek said:
football is a sport a huge % of the world plays..live with it that people want to discuss it.
You've just totally missed the point. Say people want to discuss rectal itches, should there be multiple threads on the same topic??

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I havnt missed the point...and are there so many diffrent Rectal itches :naughty: ?
its Chaminda said, its complicated!

R_D

International Debutant
i think you guys are ruining OT by making stupid threads like this.
Do we have awards for most idiotic thread of the week ?... i nominate this one.

pasag

RTDAS
R_D said:
Why?

It's a serious concern that I have and I bought it up to be discussed. Why is that idiotic?

benchmark00

R_D said:
So you don't actually want to add anything to the discussion, you just want to be a knob?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
All i know is Football is too big for OT and needs it own section. As do the other sports as Adamc said. So you guys can continue to discussion your mindless topic without being affected by the other threads, pushing it down to page 3 or 4, cus no one else cares about them.

benchmark00

chaminda_00 said:
All i know is Football is too big for OT and needs it own section. As do the other sports as Adamc said. So you guys can continue to discussion your mindless topic without being affected by the other threads, pushing it down to page 3 or 4, cus no one else cares about them.
EPO. That made no sense.

Matt79

Global Moderator
If we're going to insist that threads in OT not replicate existing threads, or serve a useful purpose, or don't irritate people who aren't into that kind of thing, there's lots and lots of fronts to start that jihad on. Until the others are sorted, it seems a bit wrong to single out soccer.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Have to disagree with you there. OT is fine as it is, IMO. Once you start dividing it even more, you'll just get people who stick to certain parts of the forum, and it'd just get too messy. It's the same reason why CC shouldn't be divided up into countries. And if there's that many soccer/football threads, who cares? If you don't like it, just don't contribute.

Edit: And besides, the same argument could be made about music and movie threads. If a separate forum is created for soccer, sooner or later the same will happen for music and movies, and in the end you'll just get OT with hardly any threads in it, with sub-forums filled with separate groups of posters.

Last edited:

benchmark00

andyc said:
Have to disagree with you there. OT is fine as it is, IMO. Once you start dividing it even more, you'll just get people who stick to certain parts of the forum, and it'd just get too messy. It's the same reason why CC shouldn't be divided up into countries. And if there's that many soccer/football threads, who cares? If you don't like it, just don't contribute.
The problem isn't "if you don't like 'em don't go to them." There's so many of them that the other threads get pushed back onto page three,

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
The problem isn't "if you don't like 'em don't go to them." There's so many of them that the other threads get pushed back onto page three,
If a thread gets pushed back into page three surely that tells you majority of people don't want to talk about, even if you think its a good thread.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
If a good thread is on page 3, then obviously crap soccer threads are taking up pages 1 and 2.

Btw, just bought FIFA 06, yeah, quality game.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
benchmark00 said:
If a thread gets pushed back to page three, it just means that no one's posted on it for a while. It's not as if you find a thread that was posted in within the last 24 hours pushed back that far. In fact, going back to page three, the most recent thread was last posted in over two days ago. And besides, it's not as if it's that hard to go back a page. And worst comes to worst, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a function that enables you to expand the number of threads you see per page.